a mans opinion

StillPlus1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm 
Post subject: a mans opinion
I'm 40 weeks on Wednesday with my second baby

Oh thinks when your in labour and its time to push you shouldn't use up all your energy pushing with every contraction, you should save some energy so you can keep going and get baby out. Because last time apparantly I was too tired to push so I had to have an episeotimy and vontouse
My opinion when your in the situation all your thinking is give it everything and get the baby out
What does everyone else think?
xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
In all honesty I don't think a man can ever comprehend what labour is like or how you feel. Listen to your body it'll know what to do, I know with my last baby once I needed to push that was it, I had to do it, also just because you had a hard time last time, doesn't mean you will this time x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
When I was at the pushing stage of labour I could not have not pushed because that's what my body was telling me to do on every contraction!

This is exactly why women have babies and men don't!!! Tell him to read some books it's more down to the fact that your baby might have been a bit too large for your pelvis hence making it more difficult. Men really are from another planet!!

My sisters first was a ventouse and her second she managed to do it on her own.

Good luck
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
I had an epidural so never really felt that intense urge to push, but my mw asked if I wanted to feel the head, which I did and then I cOmpletely freaked out that my little girl must be so scared and feeling trapped etc that I just pushe and pushed and pushed. The me told me that I was wasting my energy and that pushing without a contraction wouldn't do anything but after 15 mins of Pushing she was out!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:58 am 
Post subject:
Only a man would say don't push everytime Rolling Eyes Laughing as if you have a choice when you get that urge Laughing
Second time round though your labour will probably be shorter and the pushing stage almost always is , so it probably won't be an issue Smile ,
first time round for me ,I was pushing for an hour with baby going back between contractions before they did an episiotomy and were talking ventouse or forceps if it didn't happen quick which gave me the incentive to do some big pushes and get him out Shocked Laughing
Including the time were I was doing little pushes before the midwives told me too i bet it was about 2 hrs of pushing , with a total 8hrs of labour , second time round I pushed 2 or maybe 3 times and my baby was out, same with 3 and 4 Question Laughing
Most women find the pushing stage is a lot shorter second time round Smile
Don't really get your OH's reasoning anyway though as each push brings baby closer so if still have to do the same number of pushes overall whats the point of holding back if you've got the urge and making it take longer , with the babies head there all the time Shocked Question
Hope it all goes quickly and smoothly for you this time xx
StillPlus1
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies, the labour and birth were starting to feel a bit scary, and he was making me feel like I can't do ity. Now I can sit back feeling secretly smug
jennatay
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
my oh tells the story of my labour as he was the one doing all the work lol i would like to actually like to see him try and do it you know your own body xxx
baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
as far as im concerned no vagina no opinion!!! Laughing Laughing

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
If your body is making you push there is no way you can not push. He and all men have no clue what they are talking about. Just listen to your body during labour. When it's time to push you won't have to think about it, your body will do it itself. Tellhim to give birth ffirst then he can come back and tell you how it's done xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular