feeling sorry for myself

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm 
Post subject: feeling sorry for myself
Sorry for the selfish rant but I feel so fed up and this is literally the only place I can actually be honest about my feelings without people telling me I'm being stupid. I just feel so worn down and tired of my life atm. Everywhere I look, people are getting pregnant, giving birth, moving house or getting married. Some are doing combinations of those things. And I'm doing exactly what I've been doing the past 3 years. We''re still stuck in the same council flat with no plans to move anytime son, I do the same thing day in day out, and we have absolutely nothing to look forward to.
I realise how selfish I sound but I really can't help how I feel.
And then on top of that I found out that my BIL and his gf are having a little girl which means that's another child my MIL will pay more attention to than my sons (she already has a GD who she dotes on compared to my boys cos she seems to think girls are better)
I love my little family to bits but just feel stuck in a complete rut just now Sad

curlywurlysue
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there
Can I ask what would you like change in your life?

Sue x
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Well for a start i'd love to be able to move to a house, one that doesnt have mould in the cupboards every winter, and has a garden for the boys to play in. But that is not going to be possible any time soon.
I just feel like my life is just so monotonous. Nothing at all happens in it. I get up every day, do the exact same things, then go to bed. Its never ending and theres nothing, not so much as a night out to break that cycle. I know as the boys get older and start school, it will be easier for me to get a job and we can do more things together but at the moment i just feel like the only thing i'm good for is bringing up my kids (not that that isnt a wonderful thing to do!) and doing cooking and cleaning and apart from my sons, there is nothing particularly good in my life.
I realise i prob sound very ungrateful and that there are people out there far far worse off than me, but i want more from life.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Due you what, Jenna, I could have written lots of your post myself. I get so fed up I want to walk out and find a flat on my own away from everyone. I tell my kids that too Embarassed then I think I shouldn't complain because I've got 4 healthy and gorgeous kids and some people wish they had one child.
It is hard work and its gets monotonous. I go to work everyday, come home, cook tea, bath the kids and get them ready for bed.
Can you, your oh and the boys go away for a few days or you and your oh get away for a weekend? Get a change of sennary?

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh Jenna I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know how you feel though as I also feel like my life has stagnated over the past four or so years. Maybe you are a little depressed? Just think though your boys are getting bigger now and then soon you can get back into the adult world with work or college or something. Have you thought about doing something in the evenings maybe? I did pole dancing for ages one night a week and it gave me a bit of a break and contact with adults. I'm going to start doing something in the evenings again soon now that I'm in more of a routine with the kids and not planning anymore. Also you don't sound ungrateful at all. As I tell my friends.. you can only judge things or see things from your own situation no matter how much you put yourselves in others shoes so it's not selfish at all. Seriously you should do something for yourself as I bet it will make you feel miles better.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Shellm wrote:
Due you what, Jenna, I could have written lots of your post myself. I get so fed up I want to walk out and find a flat on my own away from everyone. I tell my kids that too Embarassed then I think I shouldn't complain because I've got 4 healthy and gorgeous kids and some people wish they had one child.
It is hard work and its gets monotonous. I go to work everyday, come home, cook tea, bath the kids and get them ready for bed.
Can you, your oh and the boys go away for a few days or you and your oh get away for a weekend? Get a change of sennary?

Haha I feel like just walking out at times too. In fact yesterday I did lol I left my OH to watch the boys and went up to he hairdressers to get ny hair cut which did make me feel slightly better.
Atm it would be hard to get away due to lack of funds as OH is currently laid off from work, and also we don't have a car so would be a lot to get anywhere. My birthday is on less than 3 weeks so I'm hoping my mum might be able to take the kids overnight so we can get a night out, maybe even a night in a hotel.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
dellabobella wrote:
Ahhh Jenna I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know how you feel though as I also feel like my life has stagnated over the past four or so years. Maybe you are a little depressed? Just think though your boys are getting bigger now and then soon you can get back into the adult world with work or college or something. Have you thought about doing something in the evenings maybe? I did pole dancing for ages one night a week and it gave me a bit of a break and contact with adults. I'm going to start doing something in the evenings again soon now that I'm in more of a routine with the kids and not planning anymore. Also you don't sound ungrateful at all. As I tell my friends.. you can only judge things or see things from your own situation no matter how much you put yourselves in others shoes so it's not selfish at all. Seriously you should do something for yourself as I bet it will make you feel miles better.

Thanks della, I think I do get a bit depressed at times. But I feel like I'm being a drama queen if I was ever to say that to my family or a doctor. I had thought about doing swimming or something to get me fit but at night by time I've got the kids to bed, dinner made and cleared up, all i'm fit for is sitting on the couch for a couple of hours then going to bed lol I have hardly energy at all these days. If I could sleep all day I would!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular