so we have booked our 1st family holiday.....

KathG
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm 
Post subject: so we have booked our 1st family holiday.....
so excited we booked up to go on our first family holiday (going to mediterranean palace in tenerife anyone stayed there?) So excited but now panicking. We have never travelled with a LO before and I have loads of questions, so if anyone can help please do.....

did I have to take all nappies and wipes.... with me or can you buy them there? Are spainish nappies similar quality or do I need to take a supply?
what should I pack for the flight?
Hubby and I get 22kg each for package allowance - do you think that will be enough for the 3 of us or should we pre-book extra baggage?
I was thinking of scraping his normal routine and trying to get him to nap in the afternoon (when sun is strongest) and then let him stay up past normal (half 7) bedtime - is this a good or bad idea?
sorry I know I am going on a bit now but one last thing...
milk - he still takes one-two bottles a day at the mo (cow's milk) should I put him back onto formula and take a supply of the ready made cartons? Or a box of formula and make it with boiled bottled water?

any hints and tips gratefully recieved.
ahhhhh we are going on holiday cant wait lol

[/url]
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
When me and hubby have travelled with 4 of us we have taken no more then 35 kgs for 2 weeks
Nappies I just took some and bought extra out there and took one pack of wipes. You can buy them out there too.
You can buy cows milk out there so just stick to cows milk (its cheaper less hassle).
To enjoy a holiday we always changed our normal routine. It may take a few days when getting home to get back into the old routine though but I've never minded that.
Hand luggage nappies and wipes take enough incase you get a delay etc.. Snacks for baby as on the flight they don't have choice for little ones. Juice/water. Something to entertain the little one which is easy for little one as he is on your lap for the flight.
You should be able to take your buggy up to the gate and then they will take it off you before getting on the flight and put it in the hold.
In main luggage pack a couple of toys (small) for day/evening.
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am 
Post subject:
I alway take nappies as brands such as pampers are really expensive and I'm too chicken to try local brands.

Cows milk there is fine.

Check the sodium levels in bottled water as some brands are really high. Nestlé and evian pink are the best but just check the label on local brands.

Take plenty of bottles on the flight and make sure he has one during take off to stop his ears popping.

Enjoy your hols and don't stress about it. I've taken Ellie on lots holidays and we've never had problems. x
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 am 
Post subject: Re: so we have booked our 1st family holiday.....
KathG wrote:
so excited we booked up to go on our first family holiday (going to mediterranean palace in tenerife anyone stayed there?) So excited but now panicking. We have never travelled with a LO before and I have loads of questions, so if anyone can help please do.....

did I have to take all nappies and wipes.... with me or can you buy them there? Are spainish nappies similar quality or do I need to take a supply?
what should I pack for the flight?
Hubby and I get 22kg each for package allowance - do you think that will be enough for the 3 of us or should we pre-book extra baggage?
I was thinking of scraping his normal routine and trying to get him to nap in the afternoon (when sun is strongest) and then let him stay up past normal (half 7) bedtime - is this a good or bad idea?
sorry I know I am going on a bit now but one last thing...
milk - he still takes one-two bottles a day at the mo (cow's milk) should I put him back onto formula and take a supply of the ready made cartons? Or a box of formula and make it with boiled bottled water?

any hints and tips gratefully recieved.
ahhhhh we are going on holiday cant wait lol

yay sounds great Smile

I think you'll need to take all nappies and wipes, I believe they are expensive in holiday resorts.

Milk, keep him on cows milk, you should be able to buy that out there.

I wouldn;t alter the sleeps it can take ages to break that routine.

I would say 22k depends on how much you both normally take, I can't imagine it would be enough for the 3 of you, I normally end up around 19k mark and I travel relatively light, and you need to take LOADS of extra clothes unless you want to do laundry.

susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
I used to live in Tenerife and there is large supermarkets called mercadona , these are there for residents and tourists , do prices are normal . I would suggest shopping here
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
No advice or experience but just wanted to say have fun.xx
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone for replies!! really helped me out. I am stupidly excited, I want to pack already (we arent going til April Laughing )

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular