It feels like it's getting complicated

kad1979
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject: It feels like it's getting complicated
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would appreciate any advise / shares.

My husband and I are trying to have a baby. In December we had our first Insemination. In Jan i started with real light bleeding (on the 8th of Dec), symptoms not at all like the usual period symptoms. Called my gygy who said it was my periods and asked me to continue with my treatment. My periods lasted longer than usual, then it stopped. We decided to take a break coz we were getting way too disappointed and stressed.

Yesterday the 18th, I threw up in the morning. Later that morning while I went to pee I noticed that I was bleeding a bit. I used a pad and this morning it was stained.Today I feel sick, and my tummy seems tight. I know I cld pick up the phone and call my gygy but he's not as empathetic as I'd hoped.

Has anyone ever had this kind of an experience before? Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Grrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kad
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:50 am 
Post subject:
My advise is take a pregnancy test, any abnormal bleeding even around the right time to be a period combined with symptoms like nausea could be pregnancy related Smile ,
I had what I thought was a period last time I was pregnant, so I carried on taking my pill and only tested much later (about 9 weeks later )at my husbands insistance, turns out I was 13 1/2 weeks pregnant by then and hadn't had a clue Embarassed Laughing
If the test comes back negative then it could be down to any meds they've had you on disrupting your cycle , sometimes just the fact you're having treatments can be enough to throw your cycle off, FX its a BFP though , Good luck xx
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely take a test, I hope its good news for you. I had bleeding which I thought was AF, 2 weeks later it turned out I was pregnant xx

kad1979
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi DL05 and Poppytops!

Thank you for the advice. I still have a bit of erratic staining (I can't really call it bleeding). Reading your stories kinda gives me hope, so thank you again Smile

I think I'll do just that - Get a pregnancy test and check. Keep you'll posted
Smile
kad1979
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
So, I did the test this morning. It says I might be pregnant. It shows me two lines the one of the left is of course darker than the one on the right.

But for some reason I'm not yet convinced, am going to do another test... Keep u posted Very Happy
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
The second line doesn't have to be as dark to indicate a positive result. People have been known to get evap lines but it sounds very much like you are pg. Congratulations!
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
No such thing as might be with a pregnancy test Smile two lines means you're pregnant , the one furthest from the bit you pee on tends to be darker as thats just the control line and always appears, the other one can be any shade, but as long as its coloured it means its picked up HCG and you're pregnant Very Happy
Congratulations Smile now might be a good time for that phone call to your doctor for a check up Smile xx
kad1979
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Everyone,

You have all been so kind with your help and with sharing your experiences. Thank you very much!

I am just trying to be a little less excited so if ever i have any bad news I don't get disappointed.

I did another clearblue test today and it confirms that I am pregnant by 3 weeks +.
It probably adds up coz we had our insemination on the 28th of December. After that I've had no hormones no nothing... I'm excited but weary...

Thinking about getting a blood test done. But a friend advises to stay positive, not do anymore tests and go visit my gynacologist. I was thinking more about get blood test done, get sure that way you don't end up being silly in front of gynacologist.

What do you guys advise.
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
Fantastic news, congratulations!!! I know what you mean about getting your hopes up, I got 'pregnant 2-3 weeks' on the clearblue today but cant help but be sceptical... I'm not really familiar with the usual procedure after an insemination, call your gyne and see what they say xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
I've never heard of a false positive on a clearblue digital Smile , and if its saying 3+ then its picking up quite a high level of pregnancy hormone, so I think you can relax and be confident you are pregnant Smile ,lots of women don't have symptoms or signs early on so I wouldn't worry about not feeling pregnant yet, i'm sure your Gynae doc won't think you're silly if you book an appointment now ,Good luck with everything xx
kad1979
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Hiya Everyone,

Thanks for your messages. So I did a bloodtest and it came out positive. I still am not a complete believe. I think it's because I'm still staining a little.

I've taken an apt. with my gygy for monday evening, which is when we will for sure. I really hope he confirms,otherwise I'd be sooo heartbroken Sad

Have a great weekend all of you!!!

Lots of love!
kad1979
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone,

It is with a happy yet heavy heart that I get to announce to your that we lost our baby on Monday the 4th of Feb. @ 6 weeks...

It's strange because just a week before that my husband and I heard a nice strong heartbeat. I have decided to call my lost baby Joy... I don't know if it was a girl or a boy, but for that one week that we knew we were having the baby, it brought us and everyone around us a lot of happiness.

It's going to take me some time to overcome this loss of mine. I look forward to my body getting back to normal faster than usual which i think will really help.

In the meantime, I just wanted to thank all of you for your help, advice and direction during my experience.
nikki238
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Ah, so sorry to hear that. But u have a lovely way of dealing your loss, so nice the way you named the baby. Thinking of you. Xx
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so sorry kad1979 and wish you all the best. Your baby was very loved!
Take care of yourself.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
SO sorry to hear that. xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular