night time waking?!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 pm 
Post subject: night time waking?!
Charlie has often woke in the night for a drink but it used to be only once. when his dad left he got a little bit clingy and woke more often using silly excuses like my bed is not sorted and i had a dream.. he settled down then but started again when his dad came back home.. its like hes checking hes still here.. he was just getting up once or twice.. but just recently has been getting up up to 4 times a night.. combined with my pregnancy insomnia im really not getting alot of sleep but i cant think how to stop him getting up.. hes in bunk beds so hes getting out of bed and coming in to my bedroom.. ive tried talking to him but it hasnt made any difference. i often dont hear him till hes in my room as we dont have monitors anymore. his brother is fantastic and sleeps 7-6 every day.. i dont know what to do to stop him .. hes getting cranky cos his sleep is broken and he wakes at the same time every day so isnt catching up on his sleep anywhere.. any advice??
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
Sad That's not good.

Isabelle went through a phase of coming in, probably about a week I'd find her curled up next to me or staring at me. All I can say is it passed with her.

Can't OH get up with him to settle him? Maybe make him sleep beside the bed for a few days then gradually pull away? That way Charlie won't come and check on him if he's asleep on the floor? Sorry, I can't think of anything else.. xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
no he comes and wakes me literally to put him back to bed? its pointless really. fingers crossed he hasnt done it for 2 days cos we've put him in a sleeping bag in his bed.. he usually says his bed is not sorted but cos hes climbed out i cant tell what was wrong with it in the first place..
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
Isobel went through a phase of getting up in the night wwith ridiculous reasons - she needed a book, she couldn't remember if she'd put a toy away, she needed a drink etc. etc. We gave her a sticker chart (she's a bit younger than Charlie so still appeals!!) and she got a sticker for every night she stayed in bed. She had one night then where she got up and she was devestated in the morning when she didn't get her sticker - fingers crossed she's been fine since. However, I think we decided that if the sticker chart didn't work, we'd 'Supernanny her backside' (!!!) and just keep putting her back in bed without speaking to her. As it was, it didn't come to that Very Happy
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed giving him a sleeping bag has worked and apart from occasionaly getting up for a drink at about 10/11 hes sleeping all night. Smile much better than 4+ times a night x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular