Cyst or pregnant?

icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 am 
Post subject: Cyst or pregnant?
Hi ladies
Looking for some advice or if anyone has heard of this. I had my little boy last march. I had septecimia due to retained products 10 days after he was born and had a d and c. I then had normal monthly cycles until september. Where I havent had one since. I did tests and came back negative so went to docs who sent me for a scan. Well I had the scan the other day the lady doing the scan asked me if we were ttc. Then said she thinks that I should do a test as it looks like I may have a v early pregnancy or a cyst in my womb. I did a test and negative Sad. Do u think it would be too early? Surely the test would be positive if she could see on scan?
I dont know what they will do if its a cyst?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:44 am 
Post subject:
I don't know - I would have thought you would get a BFP if there is something to see on a scan. The only way you wouldn't is if you were very pregnant but she would have seen a more developed pregnancy rather than a very early one. If it is a cyst - I'm not sure - do they just go away on their own? Has she told you to go back to the doctors for the results of the scan if you don't get a BFP?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Thats what I thought. She didnt really say much about if the test was negative. She was talking to me like it would be positive. So maybe ill give another week do another test and then book into docs. So confused
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Guess it might depend if it was an internal or external scan. On an internal scan they would see it much sooner. If it was beyond 7 weeks(bearing in mind they count from the day of your last period, not the actual date conceived so would be more like 5 weeks in real terms) then there'd be a heartbeat and it'd be obvious it wasn't a cyst.

Not everyone gets a positive test at same point during pregnancy. Think you're spot on with your idea of waiting and testing again. Good luck! x
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am 
Post subject:
I agree with Kaz, not everyone gets a reliable result in early pregnancy,
I know one woman on here who was getting negs,was convinced she was, then finally got a very faint pos and her quantative bloods the next day showed a level of over 800 Shocked for some reason this level wasn't reflected in her urine samples,so there's no guarantee's that a home test will pick a pregnancy up Smile
I've had a cyst in my womb but it was picked up during early pregnancy and i was told if it didn't cause any problems they wouldn't treat it, it went on its own pretty much as they expected it to do, but I'd definately ask your doc to go over the results with you, if she suspects early pregnancy that suggests she saw a thickened lining as well which it might say on the report Question
They can often see that as early as 4 weeks (2 since conception) and then see a sac but not a baby at around 5 weeks (3 since conception) often a repeat scan a week later will show a fetal pole , so I'd maybe ask about HCG bloods and perhaps a repeat scan to see if it is an early pregnancy or a cyst and then see what can be done from there Question
Good luck xx
tinker28
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
oh i hope it is a bfp for you. good luck hunny x
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much for replies. It was an internal scan. But with my lo I had a bfp 2 days early with the line which came up quicker and darker tjan thr control line. Im not sure if the ivf makes that different tho. Only time will tell now. Thanks
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject:
When you get a positive can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy anyway whether you have IVF or not, its just one of those things, some babies make more HCG than others, if you look at the charts for "normal" levels at various stages they vary massively xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular