PROM

krissy1981
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 am 
Post subject: PROM
Hi everyone,

This is my 2nd pregnancy I had a mc with first at 7wks.

I have been trying to fall pregnant for 10 years now and finally fell pregnant,

was over the moon but now i have found out that my membranes had ruptured.

first had a big leak just clear fluid on sun 6th Jan at 16 wks, then cleared up until the

following thursday 10th january where it has not stopped, except now for being just clear

fluid its also yellow on my pad. Went to hospital and doctor has given us a week to

decide if we would like to terminate because i have no amniotic fluid. I can't

terminate because babys heart, kidneys etc is all strong and good.

We are 18 weeks now and still leaking. Have hospital appointment again tomorrow, so

nervous. Has anyone had or know anything about what I am going through?

Thankyou Question
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:45 am 
Post subject:
There was a Lady on here who had the same thing and refused to end the pregnancy and went on to have a healthy baby boy Smile
Your membranes can sometimes seal back over and the fluid levels can rise, but not always, if you do want to continue with the pregnancy and see how things go then thats your right, you should ask for antibiotics though, especially with changing coloured fluid as there is a risk of infection .
I wouldn't want to give you false hope , but I do think doctors can be too quick to see things in black and white and often quote worst case scenarios , It's your body and your baby and your decision so don't be pushed into anything , Good luck for tomorrow xxxxx
krissy1981
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject:
Thankyou so much for your reply.

I am on 2 lots of antibiotics Erythromycin and Flagyl.

I am constantly checking my temp for infection and check my babys heartbeat everyday too

and thats also good.

I am so glad that lady went on to have a healthy baby boy, I also am not going to give up.

See how things go tomorrow, thanks again xxxx
krissy1981
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Ok so today is the day I go back to hospital at 2pm to see if i have regained any fluid and to check to see how baby is doing and to tell doctor as long as my baby has a heartbeat i will not be terminating.
I would really really like to find out what sex I am having. Ive had so many ultrasounds in hospital and they couldnt tell me because each time little peanut had legs crossed and the very last scan decided to put bottom up in air, cheeky bugger.
Ive had a dream I had a boy, then i had a dream i had a premie baby, then we decided to call our baby Levi if it was a boy, then last night I looked up miracle baby names and Levi popped up. So maybe just maybe if it is a boy that will be sign.
Either way Im just praying, meditating and trying to drink as much water in the meantime.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for today , I hope they can give you some good news
I remembered the woman who it happened to, her user name was TillyandCharlie, can't find the posts on here but this link is to her story it was in the paper as well
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2023442/Miracle-baby-born-mothers-waters-break-half-way-pregnancy--refuses-abortion.html
xxx
krissy1981
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness thankyou so much for that. Well went back to hospital and still no amniotic fluid, baby's leg is stuck under bottom. Other then that everything else is all good. Didn't find out sex because when there is no fluid its very hard to see much of anything so I didn't ask. Not that its that important anyway. So Im still on antibiotics and not back at work yet and go back next Tuesday, just haveto to take it week by week.
Thanks again xx
krissy1981
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 am 
Post subject:
Felt baby move last night for about 5 secs which is good, havent felt move since but prob very hard without fluid. Been leaking a fair bit today too and a bit emotional today too, real teary maybe just being too scared to do anything but stay in bed which can be a little depressing. My poor little dog Gypsy too she has been overly sooky and attached to me too will not leave my side even to the point in going to toilet usually I can just let her out the door and she runs out does her business and runs back in, now she looks up at me like come on mum im not going out there without you,and everytime I get up to go to toilet which is often she is right there by my side, ha ha she is so adorable, I love her so much. My fiance is so supportive which is really helpful, he hates it when I get upset, I love him so much too, finally got my prince, ive had my fair share of frogs. The social worker said to us we seem to be absoulutly smitten with each other, pfft yeah I joke but we really are. She also told me its good that we are on same page with not terminating cause that sometimes is a big thing where one wants to keep baby and other wants to terminate, I couldn't think of anything worse, both parties are going through so much already. Anyway if anyone wants to post a message please feel free, about anything, it can get boring for me sometimes, i feel like Im just writing to myself ha ha, anyway will be good to hear from anyone Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am 
Post subject:
It must be very hard for you at the moment not knowing whats going to happen , doctors do get it wrong sometimes though, and it seems like they are quick to offer to terminate, the other Lady whose story was in the paper was also told she should terminate, in fact her doctors sounded horrible, they wouldn't even give her anti biotics as they said there was no point, which is why she came on here looking for support . At least whatever happens you know you gave your baby a chance xx
krissy1981
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
It's hard but Im just trying to think positive. Luckily my ob at the hospital is really nice and supportive of my decision,although she believes it wont be a good outcome but we will see, Im actually meeting the antenatal doctors next tuesday to discuss options and next steps and so on. The girl in the paper her fluids regained and membrane sealed up thats what I am hoping will happen for us.
The reason Im up so late is because stupid me ate a hamburger for dinner ad now Im having a gall attack so in quite bit of pain, got the hot water bottle and am sitting on lounge trying to distract myself, was meant to get my gall bladder out this month because it is shot but i went and got myself pregnant so I really just need to watch what I eat, its self inflicted pain, I should've known better.
Thankyou for your support and feedback xx Very Happy
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Oh bless you, sounds like you are really going through it. I really hope it works out well for you and your partner.xx
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou clairebell, I feel much better this morning, Just a quick question how do you get pictures up on your page? xxxx
krissy1981
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 am 
Post subject:
Felt really dizzy all day and last night, my blood pressure is down but still no fever so still no infection which is good. Felt baby move alot yesterday too which is good. Feeling good today. Might go back to work next week just do light duties, that would be alright wouldn't it?, i just don't see sense in staying in bed all the time. Im going to leak regardless.
krissy1981
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 am 
Post subject:
So back for my weekly appointment at the hospital tomorrow, so nervous once again. Been leaking so much fluid lately, i just don't understand how can i leak amniotic fluid when ive got no amniotic fluid. So 19 weeks and still hasnt sealed up Sad.
I still have faith that I will have a miracle baby and not giving up. Trying hard to stay strong and positive. Oh yeah and i had a dream last night I had a girl and she was healthy so now I am very confused to whether is boy or girl but time will tell.
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 am 
Post subject:
If you want pictures then click on my tickers and it will take you to the ticker site. You then need to add them in your forum settings. Think there's a thread on here somewhere that explains it as I'm rubbish at these things.

Hope you and Baby are well.x
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Krissy you will keep leaking because your body is constantly making more, I had this when my waters went at 33 weeks, I was just constantly trickling for over 2 days, i had a terrible thirst and was drinking loads but when the doctor finally checked me out (I was actually in hospital but being practically ignored) I was badly dehydrated and needed a drip, so keep an eye on your fluids, if you feel strange or get headaches then let the hospital know so they can see if you're dehydrated , glad to hear baby is still hanging in there xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular