Dyeing hair

Chloal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 pm 
Post subject: Dyeing hair
Hi
I am 21 weeks and wondered whether it was now safe to dye my hair? I normally just use a box colour, but wasnt sure about it being sat on my scalp. My greying hair looks desperate Sad

Does anyone know what's what with this please?
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
It cannot cross the placenta so is very safe, the only issue with hair dye in pregnancy is that it may not go the colour you intended due to your hormones but I think that's only with bleach not if you're going darker. I had mine bleached and was fine, however my friends mum had hers done weeks after giving birth and her bleach turned her hair green :/ xx
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 pm 
Post subject:
dying your hair in pregnancy is fine. just be more careful as your skin and hair can react differently than when your not pregnant as it changes in pregnancy. i would recommend testing a bit of the colour behind your ear before you start in case of allergic reaction and be very careful as the colour may not take as well as before. your hair can become more resistent Smile xx
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular