Eviction date booked :(

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am 
Post subject: Eviction date booked :(
I am booked in to be induced on Sunday morning at 8.30 and it looks like that's the only way this baby girl is gunna come out! Sad
Had another attempt at a sweep today, the midwife could just about feel my cervix but it's doing a hiding trick again so couldn't even attempt a sweep. But from what she could feel my cervix is completely closed.
I really really wanted to avoid induction but it looks like I am going to have to get used to the idea.
It doesn't help that hubby is getting really fed up with waiting as well and I am stupidly feeling guilty about not giving birth yet!

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject:
awwww don't feel guilty its reallly not your fault Sad Dates can fluctuate sooo much, I think baby is just tooo darn comfortable so if anything only thing you've done 'wrong' its to make a good nest Laughing

Some inductions go superbly well, and hey she might make an appearance before then, that so often happens, date booked and they arrive day before Smile

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh I agree that some women who have an induction booked relax a bit more knowing theres a definite day so they are more likely to go into spontaneous labour if they feel more relaxed. Every woman is different, I think the gestational length of a pregnancy is very similar to a normal cycle length in some ways. They say w woman has a 28 day cycle, ovulates on day 14 and gives birth after 40 weeks but as we all know all women vary! Dont feel guilty, just means baby is happy where she is Smile xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hun. Lewis had to be evicted to I know how your feeling with being guilty but theres really no need. Baby is jusy avoiding the snow Wink you never know you have 6 days yet plenty time for baby to come by herself Wink xx
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls, I went into labour the morning I was to be induced with Belle but had been in slow labour and 2cm dilated for about a week, it was just a bit gutting to know that cervix is closed and not even near ready! Hopefully it will still happen naturally, induction sounds like such a faff! I thought that if you were induced then u went in and didn't come home until you had your baby with u, but in my hospital they will send u home an hour after having your waters broken if contraction don't start, bloody pain in the bum!

And I live in Plymouth so we NEVER get snow! I think I have seen it a handful of times in my life lol!

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Please do not feel bad! You have no idea how jealous I am when people get their natural births, I'm facing sections with any more children I have due to my mishapen uterus :'(
Good luck! Xx
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, hun none of this can be helped and don't be feeling bad. Its mega frustrating..especially with people like me ( Laughing ) saying...'any news yet??' 'you still here then?' Twisted Evil I got it all too Rolling Eyes

Good luck for Sunday..or before..you never know Wink

I didn't think they were supposed to send you home once induction had been started..thought that was a no no! Question
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for sunday Very Happy I'm hoping you've not posted because you've already had your little bundle Very Happy
Spoke too soon about no snow in Plymouth didn't you Shocked , My SIL lives there and she said there was snow the otherday Shocked Laughing
When we lived in Germany the hospitals there often sent women home during inductions, especially with the pessaries , as they said it helps if you're relaxed, they'd do a pessary, send you home , if nothing happened then 48hrs later they'd do another, and if that didn't work then they'd stop ,presuming things weren't ready and wait a few days Question
Funny how they have different methods everywhere and all think theirs are the best ones Question Laughing
If you've had your waters broken though then there's no going back Smile with your second though if you're dilated enough for them to break your waters then chances are things will really get shifting once your waters are gone Smile xx
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 am 
Post subject:
No baby yet Sad and still no snow for us, your sil must live a bit closer to the moors than us, we are right by the sea so don't get any bu I think inland got hit a bit the other day.
Hoping that if I do have to go in for induction, which I think I will, hopefully as its my second baby my body will already be starting to get a shift on and it won't take too long to get things moving. Most of the horror stories I have heard about inductions have been with first time babies and I went into labour naturally with y first so my body knows how to do it, Im just an over cooker I guess lol!

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 am 
Post subject:
awww hope she makes an appearance for u! iv got midwife at 10 today so will prob get my eviction date booked today!
I was born in Plymouth too....visit several times a year as my nan still lives down there! I love it! Would miss the snow tho i think...we have plenty here Very Happy Good luck for sunday if she doesnt come before! And dont feel guilty! xxx
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I do think that some women tend to have longer pregnancies than others Question
Mine tended to be early (too early sometimes) whereas my Sisters tended to be late , just one of those things I suppose Question
With my second I wasn't induced as such, but I had some "contractions" about 15 mins apart at 36 weeks, went in to be observed overnight although the Hospital said they thought they might just be strong BH's Question , was still getting them the next day but no cervical changes , was still only 2cms Rolling Eyes same as when I went in and they weren't closer or stronger so I wasn't "officially" in labour Confused They were about ready to send me home saying it might all stop or I may be like that for days before actual labour kicked in Shocked Shocked I wasn't too happy at that idea Sad Laughing anyway in the end they decided to break my waters so I didn't end up exhausted before labour started properly ( I suppose that is an induction really Question ), did that at 12pm on the dot and my daughter arrived at 12:23pm Shocked Shocked only just made it to the delivery room from the side ward, one midwife had gloves on the other didn't and the birth pack wasn't even open it was that quick Shocked Laughing
My first labour was about 8hrs with all the obvious stages and 2hrs of pushing, my second was about 5 or 6 contractions and 2 or 3 pushes from start to finish Shocked so sometimes with second babies it doesn't take much at all to persuade them to arrive Laughing
Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
I had my induction booked got totally used to Anais coming on the Friday and luckily I had her on the tuesday so totally feel for you hun.

I keep popping on here hoping to see a post that the stubborn lil monkey has arrived yet. FX she makes an appearance before sunday xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular