Help with nursery fees

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:37 pm 
Post subject: Help with nursery fees
Not for me but a friend. She's got a little girl a few months younger than Sebastian who she wants to put into nursery for 8 hours a week whilst she's at work - she's recieving Income Support as she only works 8 hours a week - will she recieve any help from the tax people to help? Otherwise she won't be able to go to work. Does anyone know?

123babycakes
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
I think she will, it's based on total household income. There's a threshold limit, and if she's below it she'll get help, as long as she works more than 16 hours a week (I think ...I cold be wrong).

She can do a quick online questionnaire here to give her a rough idea.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/start/who-qualifies/quick-questionnaire.htm

I know I have a friend who only has to pay 30% of her childcare costs, she gets the rest through working tax credits.

Unfortunately I'm not so lucky (if you can call it that, of course I'm lucky to have a job, but would rather be able to afford not to work and stay at home with my kids!) and my childcare bill takes up more than half my salary. Sad

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
I may be wrong here but I was under the impression mothers on income support can get 10 hours free early education child care a week for children age 2. If her little one is under that age she might have to pay.Think best thing to do is get in touch with dwp and see what she's eligible for or she could ring her income support adviser before she starts working to see what help she can get xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular