eeeeeeeeekkk excited its happening :)

gardenfairy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm 
Post subject: eeeeeeeeekkk excited its happening :)
Excited Very Happy Very Happy
Hi ladies sorry been `absent` for a few days lol, had heavy snow here at little ones off school..
We i went to my doc and he was abit useless Rolling Eyes and could tell me id been sterilized but didnt get the info of how??!!! wasted trip well almost, he did give me a referral letter Very Happy
and said id need to contact the hosp for full report and method used, sooooooo rang hosp as soon as was out the door and i was told needed to send off for records but i dug and dug for info and was told`they 99% of time do clip method` so waiting for records to arrive.. Grrr i hate waiting ive been stalking the post lady Embarassed
Instead of waiting i decided to call the fertility clinic to see how long it usually takes and IM BOOKED IN FOR FEB 2nd!!! eeekkkk i just need to bring referral letter with me Excited Excited i have to see consultant Mr Bagdaddy (sp) (cool name lol) and we go from there yaay, touch wood we get good news on records and im not the 1%!
Hows everyone doing??
Love and Luck, Kerry x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Yayyy for getting the appointment Very Happy Is that to talk about reversal and IVF Question
It's good your hospital had a policy of using clips as some places it seems to just be up to the surgeon Question
I hope you get your records soon xx
Salad40
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
I remember,when I had my first app booked, it's all so exciting, it's the start of your journey, enjoy it xx
Jess1973
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am 
Post subject:
Good luck! Exciting times :0). Are u having a laparotomy reversal or laprascopic? I had laprascopic.So glad I did it!x
gardenfairy
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies x
Thanks im excited but worried at the same time Question as i know i may be facing a battle (with my age and having bein sterilized, plus ive got this nagging feeling that because i suffered A.N.D and PND they may say we cant do it????) But having said all that its worth fighting for if i get my chance to have another baby..
My consultation is to firstly discus which option is best for us then hopefully get booked in for either Reversal or my first IVF step..
Was wondering if anyone had been the the priory Birmingham?? maybe had same consultant, how did you find it/him??
Love and luck
Kerry Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't get asked about anything like PND Kerry Question
You can check out consultants on the GMC website to make sure they have the qualifications they claim to have, but i'm all for getting a feel for them (not actually feeling them Shocked Laughing ) and going with your gut instinct about them and how sincere they are, don't forget to ask about follow up with the reversal , as some places offer free or reduced price HSG's and will also give you help and advice, whereas as some docs will actually charge a consultation fee if you even want to ask a question after Shocked
I'd also ask if the doc does NHS work too as a lot do and if you did have the reversal and needed further investigations or treatment it can be one way to get it (Both me and Lilemm had Laproscopies done on the NHS by our reversal docs and she finally got pregnant 3 months after hers )
I was worried they'd say no , but honestly when you're paying they don't ever seem to say No Question (can't think why that is Rolling Eyes Laughing )xx
gardenfairy
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nat, thanks good advice as usual lol, will checkout consultant i think with, and maybe a little feel if their hot Embarassed Laughing i do agree i think you can tell a lot more by actually meeting someone..
I think im just a bit worried re PND they think i couldnt cope `be well` enough to look after another so it will go against me?? but i have got 6 pmsl so i think im very good at multi tasking and `managing` plus not to sound terrible but ive been told by several people how they cant believe what good a mom i am when ive got 6 children and how polite and well turned out they are Very Happy Embarassed
I will ask about after care if choose to go that way,yeah funny how `their` much more happy to help when your paying ehh lol
Sorry to sound dumb but whats a laproscopy? is it when they put a camera down??
Kerry x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah a Laproscopy is were they put a camera in through your belly button to have a nosy and sometimes they do a couple of tiny cuts on your hips to put instruments in to have a tweak Laughing
I had my reversal done that way as well (key hole), I found the recovery so much quicker than the Ladies who had open surgeries (Laparotomy) , but sometimes they have to do open if you have a fair bit of scarring Question
Lilemms doc discovered she had a kink in her open tube on her Lap and straightened it out for her and she got pregnant shortly after, its funny what can happen in there Shocked Laughing
I've seen the pics from two of mine and they're pretty interesting, I now know that my womb and ovaries and tube look hothing like I thought they did and those diagrams in the books with the tubes all strung out at the sides are total rubbish Shocked Laughing
You can't help getting PND , and as long as you know then you can get it treated early if necessary Question Any woman can get it even with no history so I can't see it going against you Smile
Personally after having 7 in 15 yrs myself I think after the first 2 or 3 one more doesn't make any difference Wink Laughing I found having my second was thwe biggest shock Question Laughing
Although I was strangely nervous about it after the reversal as it would have been a much bigger gap than I was used to Laughing and if it happened now my youngest would be at secondary school before the baby arrived Shocked
You probably cope better while you're still in baby mode Question Laughing xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular