Home Dopplers

Eveingram02
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject: Home Dopplers
Hi there.

I am currently 16 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I had a midwife appointment last Tuesday, where for the first time we heard babies heartbeat, perfect moment.

Problem is, ever since, for no reason at all, i have started panicing that something is not right. I have had no pain or bleeding, nothing wrong at all. Is it normal to suddenly start doubting and panicing that things are going wrong? I don't know whether this is just my emotions being irrational again??

I tried to use a home doppler today but thought i heard babies heart beat, but not for long at all and was very faint. At what stage is using a doppler reliable, if at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice to calm my nerves! Love this baby to bits and cannot stop worrying. xxx
krissy1981
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, you will be able to hear your babys heartbeat on doppler at your stage. It sometimes takes me a while to find and other times i get it straight away, just keep trying and i know how you are feeling i worry all the time as well.
Faerydae
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
I had an angelsounds doppler and that stated it could be used from 16 weeks, which while it could, I could only hear the heartbeat very faintly at that stage and it did take me quite a while to actually find it and even then kept losing it, it does become easier to find from about 20 weeks Smile
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Thanks for your replies, they were really helpful and reassuring! x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular