Have I ovulated and cbfm missed it?

kate6540
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm 
Post subject: Have I ovulated and cbfm missed it?
http://m312.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/kate6540/image.jpg.html?o=0

I'm on day 13 and had high reading on cbfm from first day of testing on day 6. It's still showing high with no peak but looking at the sticks I think I have ovulated but cbfm has missed it? What do you think?

X
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
None of those look positive to me yet.
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
The dark line near pointed end is always there and as the second line came up and now gone I thought that showed ov Sad does it look close to what it should be?!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Normally with the CBFM the line furthest from the handle (that measures Oestrogen) will get fainter the closer you are to ovulation ( it gets lighter with higher levels) while the one near the handle gets darker as that measures LH , there is no control line on them so you can have any combo of two light lines or two dark lines or one of each .
On my peak readings the line near the handle would be dark and wide and the one further away would be very light Question
I can't see your sticks well enough to tell whats going on with them properly but I do think the CBFM can miss a surge, especially if it starts just after you've tested one day and doesn't last very long, when I was using my CBFM and OPK's as well sometimes I'd just have a high on the CBFM in the morning but get a peak later with the OPK's , I tend to have longish surges normally so it would pick mine up the next day usually but I know a few women on here have had cycles were it didn't ,
I did notice one of your sticks was blurry though and that can mess the readings up, I found a site that said don't dip the sticks for more than 5 seconds and they won't blur after I'd had the same problem .
You can sometimes get stronger LH lines that fade out again though so I'd keep testing for a few days just in case xx
kate6540
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the responses ill keep testing. Out of interested has anyone only had highs and no peak and still got pregnant?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
I'm sure someone on here has , can't remember who mind you, but I know women have had the progesterone bloods done and been told they didn't ov and still found out they were pregnant Laughing and the CBFM often doesn't give a peak the first month, or even the first month after a break just because it has to re learn what your personal levels of hormones are xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular