Boys names?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:44 pm 
Post subject: Boys names?
I know we've got ageees yet but we really can't decide/agree on a boys name, and I really can't see us getting any closer. We both agreed on a girls name straight away which is Abigail. Have absolutely convinced myself it's a boy though. Not sure if we'll ever have a girl but it's got to kind of go with Abigail just in case.

We've been through the top 100 boys names, and hardly like any, and the ones we do like we don't agree on.

I like Benjamin and Samuel but OH thinks they're too common at the moment. Also like Jacob and Issac but he isn't keen on them.

His favourite is Elijah. I quite like it but I really don't like Eli which I know it would get shortened to.

We want something that isn't too modern and 'out there' but also nothing that's really common at the moment.

Please help!! Smile

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Oh and the only name that we both quite like is Toby. But then I think if Abigail gets shortened to Abby, they'd sound silly both ending in 'by'.

lysianassa
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
I'm biased but I love the name Sebastian - I haven't heard anyone in Birmingham, Basingstoke or Woking that has a son named that apart from mine Very Happy My next boy will be Max but I also like Eric and Gregory. But Toby is nice as well.

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
I think Abby and Toby sounds so cute. I'm really stuck with boys names too we liked Elijah and Issac but Iv gone off Elijah the same reason u have don't like Eli. What about jack, Thomas, caleb, Harvey , Brandon , braygon , Lewis.

[url=http://lilypie.com]

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
I loooove Toby! Haha Lewis was Toby till I was 13 day's over due and I decided he didnt suit it.. I also like Isaac I'm struggling for boys names this time as I already have 2.. I like a few names but dont like the shortened names.. Like Lucas but I dont like Luke... If this is a boy atm my oh has decided he will be ccalled flynn Jacob. X
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
I'm the same, like Lucas but not Luke. Decided the other night I quite like Robin (I love Winnie the Pooh so was thinking of Christopher Robin), but I don't really like Rob.

Aghhh!!

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
We have Oliver and Sophie which I love (obviously) but both are very common. If I had another boy he would be Henry. My friends little boy is called Lucas and his name has never been shortened.

I like Sebastian but I've come across more boys with that name than Oliver! Very odd xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
I love Toby (my friend has just use that though Sad )

My fave Boys name is Max (Maxwell) we also like Adam.

As for Benjamin and Samuel i only know 2 babies with those names, i also like them both.

Jacob and Issac are getting quite popular, there r a few mummys on here with those names.

Elijah is nice, you coud make a point in not letting it be shortened. (although it may at school when hes older) Ive nevr called Isabelle Izzy as i dont like that, we shortend it to Belle b4 anyone got te chance to call her Izzy. (again if it happes at school then thats here choice)

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
I know guys of my age called Benjamin but not baby boys I don't think it's very common now. The thing is as soon as you name your son you will find another boy with that name it happened to us with our son and our daughter!
If we had another boy we would go for joseph.

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm 
Post subject:
We have a Samuel and he's a definite Samuel - we don't use the shortened name and in doing that hope that others don't either - generally if you stick yourself to the longer, it stays that way. Especially if you let teachers know that too when kiddy goes to school... I know in my class I taught there was an Annabel who wasn't shortened to Anna or Belle, and there was a Sebastian who wasn't shortened to Seb, and there was a Benjamin too who was never a Ben.

I'm a little disheartened to see that Isaac is so popular - that is our number one boy's name if Pudding is a blue bundle - but I didn't think it was very common at the moment... Sad
x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular