Struggling a bit (longish one sorry)

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject: Struggling a bit (longish one sorry)
In a weeks time I am due to be admitted for a c-section which I am completely fine with, however I am really struggling with my emotions about leaving my LO.

I havent spent a night away from him since he was born and Im feeling really guilty that I wont be there when he wakes up and we wont have our morning snuggle that we normally have.

I know he will be ok cause he will be at my mums with DH so he will have Daddy but I keep thinking that he will think I dont love him anymore and I cant stop crying about how much Im going to miss him.

I know Im just being silly and I cried for about half an hour at bedtime last night. DH is being all nice and saying that he knows Im his mummy and he will be fine cause he will have his Granma but I keep worrying.

Im worried that LO will be jealous when he sees me with another baby although he has a doll he plays with that we pretend is a baby so he is used to it.

Am I just being stupid or has anyone / does anyone feel this way.

Thanks for reading x

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter often has sleepovers at my parents house so it not a huge thing for us. But I do understand your worries about him seeing you with another baby and not feeling pushed out etc. this is something I have been really worried about. I am worried about belle walking into the hospital and I'm say there with another baby and how this would make her feel. We have obviously spent the last 9 months hyping up the fact that she is going to be a big sister and the best big sister in the world. And recently she has been asking a lot about when she used to be in my belly and me and her daddy explain how much she changed our lives and how much we love her etc.
We have also got a special present from belle to baby and from baby to belle.

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
I was a little worried with the same issue but I was away for over a week in the end and Sebastian was having too much fun with nanny. He came into hospital every day to see me but wasn't upset when he had to leave nannies are more fun Wink Laughing

Besides, enjoy the time away because its hard work with two little ones on your hands! Wink Laughing

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies. Its nice to know Im not on my own. Im sure he will be fine with my Ma, and they will have lots more fun than if we were at home. Luckily we lived with my mum until he was just over a year and we go and stay every so often so he is quite settled there. The dog has to go too and LO and the dog are best friends as it is.

Just need to put a brave face on for my LO thats all x

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Rachey - you know I could have written your post myself! My LO will be staying at our home, but we'll have my mum over to care for him in the day then Daddy will come back to him and leave me and baby at hospital for the (hopefully ONE) night that we are in for. But I am so worried about leaving Samuel for that one day and night - he's never been left with anyone, and is so young (like your LO) that it is hard to explain to him what or why etc... Sad

I just remind myself that there is no other way, and that he will be fine with Nanny - she'll give him lots of cuddles and playtime and he will have Daddy for the nighttime bedtime etc too... but it still upsets me and I'm still months away from my c-section! xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular