how many c sections am i allowed with ivf/icsi/fet

susieliverpool
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 pm 
Post subject: how many c sections am i allowed with ivf/icsi/fet
hi ladies, to put a long story short, i've had 4 c sections , after the 3rd in 2003 my oh had a vasectomy , he's had 2 reversals since and no joy ,so we opted for icsi,i had frozen embryo transfer which resulted in my precious 4 month old son(4th c section), i have some frozen embryos left, which i would love to try for another in time if possible but am not sure that i would be allowed further treatment with it requiring me to have a 5th c section, i asked for a vbac but was told no that it was more risky than a section, i have had no problems with any of my sections and recovered in no time after all of them,am nervious about booking an appointment at my clinic and forking out £200 for a consultation and being shown the door, has anyone had any experience in ivf/isci/f.e.t and had 4 or more c sections, any advice would be most apprieciated thanks in advance susie x

Notes:
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hun ive had 4 sections and current awaiting start IVF my cons said there is.no limit providing scar tissue ect ok
but the more you have there are risks
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
There's no set limit as Anna said the risks might increase slightly with each one depending on how much scarring you've got . But once you're healed then you're healed and the uterus is very tough Smile
I can't see the clinic refusing you on those grounds anyway as its totally your choice whether you feel the risks are acceptable Question
As far as VBAC goes no one has the right to tell you NO Shocked it's totally your choice again and I found an american site with women having VBAC's after 3,4,5 and more c sections Very Happy , all of them had their doctors warning of dire consequences but managed successful natural births Very Happy ,
I've had four natural then 3 sections, the first for PP which was necessary, the other two were unplanned and done in labour for different reasons not related to my previous section and I had no problems with the two labours as far as my previous section scars were concerned,even after the second section Question one was unexpected breech and one was early baby in distress either could have happened to anyone and none of the things doctors like to say can happen did happen Question so if I ever do manage to get pregnant again I'll be trying for a VBAC after 3 sections Very Happy
Good luck with the treatment xxx
susieliverpool
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
aww girls thankyou so much for your replys i really appreiciate them, am so reassured to know that i do have a say, good luck to both of you on your journeys many thanks susie xxx

Notes:
gardenfairy
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Susie, nice to meet you,i too wanted to post a similar question when i first joined as ive had 3 sections was worried id get told i couldnt have a 4th(as an `idiot` consultant had basically said i couldnt hence my sterilization grr).. But having researched a lot and got lots of great advice from these lovely ladies i consequently found out it is indeed possible and more common than i thought, i am considering a VBAC if i am blessed again..
Good luck hun,
Kerry x Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular