help im confused

tabitha29
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 am 
Post subject: help im confused
I had my 12 week scan on Monday and the doctor said that the baby is measuring at 8.5 weeks. I was expecting too be put back 2weeks maybe but confused as to how I'm 8.5 weeks I'm baffled as to how this is possible. This is my 4th pregnancy I miscarried the previous three so I'm extra worried. Has this happened to anyone else? Confused
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Maybe you got your dates wrong ?
With my second I went for my much delayed first scan and thought I was 17 weeks only to discover that on the scan the baby measured 12 weeks Shocked which is a big difference at that stage, their only explanation was either I wasn't pregnant when I first thought Question , which I know I was as I had a positive test, or that I was pregnant when I first thought, but lost that pregnancy without having a bleed and conceived the month after Question
Never did figure out what had happened but my daughter was born at 36 weeks which was much closer to my original due date than the new one I'd been given Question
Sacns aren't 100% for dating as they go off averages, as long as there was a good heartbeat I'd try not to worry too much, you may find in a few more weeks baby has a growth spurt and is closer to the dates you expected xx
tabitha29
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply. I was pretty certain of my dates until scan I've asked for a furthur scan in 2 weeks so fingers crossed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Message Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular