Books

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm 
Post subject: Books
I thought we could start a thread where you suggest a book you have read and loved. I am a person that gets stuck on one genre and doesn't really explore much but picked up a few random books lately and loved them. So I am suggesting The Passage and The Twelve by Justin Cronin. I have them both on my Ipad too if anybody wants me to email them (sorry is this allowed?) to them.

cuddles72
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
I have a Kindle touch and love reading too.. James Herbert - The Secret of Crickley Hall is a fantastic read. For any that saw the drama on tv, the book is so different and much much better. Dean Koontz - Odd Thomas series is brilliant too xxx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
I could write a list as long as my arm of all the great books I have read but atm I'm reading Trust your Eyes by Linwood Barclay which is really good. In fact I have read all of his books and they are all great if you like thrillers.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
i read random romance books.. i love my kindle cos theres alsorts you can download for free! i got sucked into a vampire series though because the first one was free and the next 3 were 2.50 each Smile but books i definately recommend are the hunger games series and the girl with the dragon tattoo series Very Happy i love series of books Smile x
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
Oooo what a great idea!! Ive got a kindle but can't get used to it , I like a proper book Smile I've recently read dracula , an oldie but great story, the lovely bones is also a good book to get into although it got to me abit cos u can put urself in that situation and I'm reading Karl pilkington idiot abroad At the min Smile get abit of a funny read after all the horror books! And I think we have all read mr 50 shades of grey now haven't we ???? Read all 3 but found wasn't the best story I've read but by far most addictive !
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the suggestions i'll check them out. I've read An Idiot Abroad it was so funny! I read two out of three of the 50 Shades of Grey books but couldn't really get into them. I thought all the sex was really annoying because it was every two minutes. I'm reading Zone One by Colson Whitehead at the moment which is about a zombie apocalypse. I still can't recommend the books by Justin Cronin enough. I can't wait until the last book in the trilogy comes out.

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a true crime kind of girl and the book "killing for company" about Nielsen was very good also "happy like murderers" and "she must have known" (just 2 of many on the wests) don't think I could read it now but "every mothers nightmare" was also fascinating (the bugler abduction)

XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
I'd recommend James Patterson's books especially his series as far as i am aware there are 10 of them atm they all start with the number so the 1st book is 1st to die, then 2nd Chance then 3rd Degree and so on.. they are based on crimes.

Another Author id recommend is Jodi Picoult her books are just brilliant!!

i know things are going all technical now with the kindles but i just cant get used to it and find it harder to get into the book, i just enjoy being curled up with a good book Smile

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject:
I used to find it really hard getting into books on an e-reader but I'm fine with them now. The night setting is really useful for reading in the dark Laughing I like true crime too but I've not read a good one in ages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular