sex after having baby

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 am 
Post subject: sex after having baby
The short of it is we have not had sex since 21st march 2012. The night we conceived!!

Oh wouls not do sex during pregnancy but we were advisednot to in the first 12 weeks because of recurrent mc and the.we had placenta covering my cervix so advised no sex.

I ended up having a c section.then lots of bleesing which finally stopped last week.

I have told oh we are able to do it again but its going to be difficult because we are co sleeping with baby as he wont sleep in his cot.

I am worried if to much time passes he wont look at me in that way anymore. He has never been mega into sex and is more cuddly than.anything. Guess i am feeling a bit insecure because of large weight gain.

Has anyone been in a similar position? Or can.offer advice

i think we are both really nervous about it. I dobt want to talk to him to much about it and end up making an issue about it xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Oh sweetie, there are ways and means of getting around it.

Firstly, the more you worry about it the more tense you are going to be when you do get round to it. Do you have a spare room? Sounds stupid but DH and I did co-sleeping a little in the beginning and we would go into a different room, not as comfortable as your own bed but still, its nice to feel 'loved' and 'special'.

Failing that, if you can get your LO to sleep and then pop him into a moses basket etc you might have some alone time.

Also, why only do it at night time? If you have time when your LO is asleep during the day, make the most of it. DH and I would take LO out for a walk in his pram and then get busy with it once we got back cause LO would be asleep.

Hope some of this helps

xxxx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:

Also, why only do it at night time? If you have time when your LO is asleep during the day, make the most of it. DH and I would take LO out for a walk in his pram and then get busy with it once we got back cause LO would be asleep.

I agree. You don't even have to do the full act, just have some intimate time together to get the comfort back again. Maybe plan a nice meal, go for a walk, remind each other why you love each other and take stock of your new life with LO Smile

xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
I think the main problem is we cant put our lo down! He sleeps on my chest at night and during the day. You cant put him down for more than 5 mins cause he wakes up i am trying very hard to get to get gim out of this bit so far he is not javing it.

I am not very good at insogating sex because i haye being rejected. Oh has to be in the mood or else ot just doesnt happen. I am worried it will never happen and he will start looking at me different. I think he knows i want it?

My mum is coming to stay for a few days so we will get time to have a nap together but oh is really funny about other people in the house when we do it!!

I dont want tge first time to be ruined because i think after so long it should b special. Oh the dilemas!! Xx

Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
I know how you feel, we couldn't have sex after as we were also co-sleeping because he wouldn't settle anywhere else so until we finally got him to sleep in his own cot in his room at gone 2 months we couldn't do anything, I'm sure he will still look at you in that way when you can do it again and I'm sure he understands Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular