Camping with a 1 year old

Faerydae
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 pm 
Post subject: Camping with a 1 year old
me and my partner love festivals but unfortunately our usual one isn't child friendly, but I found one in Derby today that's massively child friendly (to the point of providing free nappies and wipes and a baby bathing area!) and loads of activities for children of all ages aswell.

so we're thinking of going to this one and LO will be just under a year old when we go, but just wondering if anyone has any advice for camping with a 1 year old, what to take etc? Smile

already found a toddler airbed on amazon that has inflatable raised sides to stop him falling out and a nice warm baby camping sleeping bag
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
That sounds terrifying to me lol! I love camping too, but we seem to take the world with us just the two of us. I can't imagine us doing it with a baby.

It does sound like it's well catered for though. Have fun Smile

Faerydae
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
haha I must be mad considering I'm stupidly excited! Laughing

I can't imagine having to take much, maybe a few nappies and wipes for night time and milk (clothes obviously!) because as I said they provide nappies, wipes and bathing area and they have a decently priced "corner shop" to get food from and the food stalls are apparently quite cheap aswell Smile

have just thought of another thing though, will most likely need sun cream and a beach tent kind of thing to stop him getting sun burn if we'll be outside all day Smile
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Go for it - sounds great.

I have a caravan (a tourer) and we go away at least once a month, its not exactly 'roughing it' but its the same principle. Just make sure you have plenty of milton sterilising tablets and a bowl to do your sterilising in and you'll be fine!

Also just take a basic stroller or even better a baby carrier! A cheapo stroller might be best for if baby gets tired though.

Terri xx

Faerydae
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
see I was thinking of leaving the small stroller behind and taking the bugaboo, just thinking if it rains, the stroller probably won't hold up to the muddy festival ground whereas the big wheels of the bugaboo probably will

Jump to:  

Community

Popular