Nothing works!

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm 
Post subject: Nothing works!
I know we have all probably got to the end of our pregnancies and started to google ways to bring on labour after a long 9 months! I thought I would share the things that I have tried and assure you all that nothing works, babies come when they are ready lol!

Pineapple - as much as I could manage until my tongue bled - chronic heartburn!
Walking - as much as I can manage with my spd
Sex - feels like a chore at this stage, don't feel sexy at all
EPO - from 34 weeks, roughly 5 a day, both orally and as a pessary
RLT - 1-2 cups a day from 34 weeks
Clary sage oil - in a hot bath almost every night from 36 weeks and massaged into bump
Squatting over a bowl of hot coffee - [*CENSORED*] smelt like Starbucks for a few days and felt quite nice when doing it lol
Galloping - more like doing te gangnam dance with belle in the evenings
Spicy foods - I'm a wimp so probably very mild to others!

Lol I think that's about it! With my last pregnancy I even tried castor oil, after sitting on the loo for 6 hours it didn't work!
I think it's nice to feel like you are doing something but rest assured ladies absolutely nothing works!

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
OMG I nearly wet myself reading some of those, particularly the coffee and gangam stylie, so imagine squatting over the coffee and gallopping in gangam style at the same time. I think you should be certified - tehehehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
My midwife thinks that your body knows from day one when it will labour naturally excluding thing like car crashes which cause labour ect, she thinks its a waste of energy try to bring it on although i went a week over last time and was ready to tey everything x
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
So frustrating isn't it?

I knew from day one that thers no natural induction tactics that work. Baby will come when they want..end off (obviously unless medically booyed out!!)
Its a hormone that baby releases that kick start natural contractions apparently.

I did RLT from 32wks
Epo from 38wks and pesary from 39ish weeks 2000mg (I was having a home birth so didnt want to push it lol)
Clary sage..bathing in it and sniffing it. Slept with it on a cloth under my pillow for 3wks
Walking & stairs. Keeping active.
Sex..and sat with my legs in the air for 30mins to and hr to let the swimmers do their job....again!!!
Nipple stimulation Shocked
Bouncing

Nothing!! After telling the mw id tried everything she even said 'give up then, cos its then that it'll happen' lol
My two have always shown before the threat of sweeps though. Smile
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Stress can actually stop labout too Shocked Rolling Eyes So getting stressed because you're not in labour yet releases chemicals that can stop contractions Rolling Eyes Laughing
Thinking about it logically though, if hospital inductions can fail with all they can do then there's not much chance of anything you can try at home working Question
Some of the stuff can help make the actual labour quicker once it starts though Smile prostaglandins in semen can soften the cervix a bit ,but so can the EPO and lets face it at 9 months + then the EPO is probably the better option Laughing
Plus the sex can set of some pretty vicious BH's Rolling Eyes Laughing and those you can do without , any contraction that doesn't make you dilate you just don't need !
Keeping active, I'd save for the labour when it can actually do something more useful than make you feel like you've been kicked in the crotch Shocked Laughing
The baths I'd insist to my husband were definately necessary just so I'd have the perfect excuse to dissapear for a nice long soak every evening Laughing
Spicy foods just give you the runs , and the pineapple its the core you need to eat , so not even the bit that tastes nice but the horrible hard bit in the middle Rolling Eyes Laughing
never heard of the coffee one though Question although I have read about coffee enemas on an american site Shocked surely the caffeines not good for you while pregnant though Question
I suppose trying stuff helps pass the time and make you feel like you're doing something though Laughing
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:57 am 
Post subject:
i was 3 days over and the mw refused a sweep saying she thought i was going to go naturally, and I had an appointment booked for the following week to arrange an induction. I was really fed up so told my bump that if she didnt get a move on the doctor would get her out, and my labour started that night. I swear thats what started me off Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular