Makeup

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject: Makeup
Hi Girls

Well to put it like this i dont wear makeup! im just completely natural all the time apart from on a night out but i dont wear much when i go out either.

But im so bored of being a plain jane now so could anyone help me and reccomend some good makeup? I absolutely love Benefit makeup but i just cannot afford it the prices are ridiculous Sad
xx
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
I love my Vie (Virgin Vie) make up..there one step face base is fab Smile Other than that i'm just a Nivia tinted moisturiser and a bit of Rimmel mascara lol and a bit of lip balm Rolling Eyes If I feel I want to glam up I slap a bit of blusher on too Laughing

Ooo, I just went looking for a link and it appears Vie doesn't exist anymore Sad Show's how often I shop for make up Laughing You can however buy it from sellers on ebay Confused
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
I love vie face base too but it's expensive.. I didnt realise they didnt exist anymore I havent had any 'posh' makeup in a while usually collection2000 or rimmel for me and Avon when i get a book.. X
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:00 am 
Post subject:
I like anything maxfacter really it's a bit cheaper than benefit and had some good foundation especially the powder in the gold case I love it Smile also like rach said Avon is good for makeup.

[url=http://lilypie.com]

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
I rarely use make up, but when I used to I was a big fan of boots, the No7 was more grown up, and the 17 range was great for glittery shiny eye shadows and coloured mascara. I also used to love one of their lipsticks, it was a shimmery pale pink.

rimmel is also good.

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Depends what you mean by expensive. I wear Mac, just a bit of powder foundation (£17-£20), eyeliner (£7-£12) and mascara (£12-£15). You can only buy legit Mac at their online shop or at a Mac shop. Don't get it off ebay etc as there was a thing on watchdog about it where 9 out of 10 were fake and the fake mascara and eyeliner was found to have a chemical in it that can make you blind!

Terri xx

123babycakes
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
ZeeLou wrote:
I love my Vie (Virgin Vie) make up..there one step face base is fab Smile Other than that i'm just a Nivia tinted moisturiser and a bit of Rimmel mascara lol and a bit of lip balm Rolling Eyes If I feel I want to glam up I slap a bit of blusher on too Laughing

Ooo, I just went looking for a link and it appears Vie doesn't exist anymore Sad Show's how often I shop for make up Laughing You can however buy it from sellers on ebay Confused

My friend used to be a hostess for Vie, and told me that they sold the 'recipe' of the OSFB to another company, and now it's branded as 'Lov'. I've bought some Lov since Vie folded, and it seems to be just as good ....except the packaging isn't quite up to par. I've still got my old compact, so might just treat the Lov brand as a refill.

I think it's a similar price to Vie too. I couldn't imagine trying to find something alternative as it took me years to find something I like!

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
I get a mix of stuff. I get teint idole ultra 24H foundation from lancome. Mineral powder from Borgeouis. Primer from collection 2000, blusher from barry m and mascara from soap and glory. Expensive stuff isn't always the best.. the primer I use from collection 2000 is only a couple of quid and it's the best I've ever used. I think a good foundation is the main thing and Clinique Even Better is really good if uyou just want a light coverage. A bottle lasts ages! Superdrug stocks a good Benefit imitation brand called Me Me Me. I used to wear a lot of makeup from Benefit when I lived in the US as it was so cheap out there and the stuff is pretty much the same.

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
123babycakes wrote:
ZeeLou wrote:

My friend used to be a hostess for Vie, and told me that they sold the 'recipe' of the OSFB to another company, and now it's branded as 'Lov'. I've bought some Lov since Vie folded, and it seems to be just as good ....except the packaging isn't quite up to par. I've still got my old compact, so might just treat the Lov brand as a refill.

I think it's a similar price to Vie too. I couldn't imagine trying to find something alternative as it took me years to find something I like!

Tjats great to know thanks...I'll have a look for that. Is it online still.
What happened to Vie then? Do you know?
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
I think Vie folded due to the ever present drop in the economy. I think once everyone had taken their 'cut' from the price of products there wasn't enough left to keep the company afloat.

The outstanding stock was sold on (and you will find them on ebay at extortianate prices), but only the OSFB has lived on.

I remember 2 years ago getting this great liquid eye-liner which was dark brown and glittery. I really loved it, and would happily have bought it for years to come. Never mind .....time to look elsewhere.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 am 
Post subject:
I use sheercover foundation (yes the tell sell stuff haha) and I really like it. It's very concentrated so it lasts and lasts. And it looks like you're wearing nothing as your skins oils blend with it.
Apart from that I really like Maybelline too. I have overly sensitive skin, so can't use everything. Maxfactor and Rimmel make my skin go really red and painful. No idea why. Maybelline has always been fine for me and sits well. Smile I like the BB cream they put out. Gives you a healthy glow. L'oreal is quite good too. Smile
Eyes etc I use Chanel which is in the expensive bracket. It's good stuff though, but jup pricey... Last time I bought eyeliner I was a bit shocked it's now nearly £20...wow...
I guess in the end it takes trying a brand too, to see which you personally prefer. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular