Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 am 
Post subject:
Hey Cassie
Not a happy camper today.
Looked after the kitten all night, getting up for two hourly feeds like it was a baby, then left her with mum for the day. Half hour later a call to say it was dead. The other dog picked it up and we think shocked it. It was doing so well.
Now I'm being stupid and crying like a baby. My DH is very teary too.
Don't tho k the side effect of the drugs are helping, or that it's just another reminder I don't have a baby.
Sorry if I'm a bit faffy in this post, very upset, which is silly, didn't even have it 24 hours.

Ok just buried the kitten.

Due to my issues with my meds, ivebeen signed off from work the rest of the week.

Sorry for the owner.

Oh that's a very long way to the consult and ivf, you poor chicken. I get hy you are nervous.
Would your husband be able to take time off fom work to be ith you?
Thinking of you.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
PCOS - Back Disease - Thyroid
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
Cycle - most recent 850 days
Desperate to conceive baby #1
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 am 
Post subject:
I am so sorry about the kitten Sad It is always hard losing a pet.

We all have our weepy days. We have that right. I hope yours won't last long for your sake. I am really hoping you get your baby in a few months. You are on the right path Smile Just think you have dropped about 1/3 of your unwanted weight!!! Very Happy That is a big accomplishment!! You are on your way to a healthier you which means healthier pregnancy Very Happy

Did you just start a new medication? Why are the symptoms being so rough on you?

I bawled my eyes out today too. Husband will be able to make the intial consultation with me but after that I am on my own due to his work obligations. They are very short handed and one officer is getting ready to leave so my husband can't get the time off. I am sure I can drag my mom, mil, grandma or cousin with me. It would just be nice to have my DH with me. I don't know how I can get thru the month only seeing him a few times.
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 am 
Post subject:
Thank you.
Yeah I started a new med a couple weeks ago. My rheumatologist says the anxiety and depression is a rare but Nasty side effect. My history with depression makes me more susceptible. She told me to stop taking it. Done!
Thanks for the pep talk lol

Oh bless ya, I'm so sorry he can't be there.
Can u Skype daily?
Text as much as you can and talk on the phone so he can feel part of it, and you cn feel he is with you.

How is the packing going?

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
I am so glad they got you off the nasty meds. Hopefully you'll feel like a happier you soon!!

We only have 1 computer so we won't be able to Skype. His parents live out in the country and their internetwon't let them do that and my parents connection is almost as bad. I plan on texting and talking to him alot. It just won't be the same as having him there.
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 am 
Post subject:
Oh I. Sorry you can't Skype, but texting is good. Is there good signal for that?
When do you have to go.
It's very exciting, sometime very soon you may get your BFP!
How wonderful would that be?
I'm so excited for you.

I've got the rest of the week off work. Boss sent me home to get the drugs out my system and the anxiety under control.
All it was was Plaquinel, a type of quinine, all this trouble from that!
It as made me gain two pound but don't care this week.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 am 
Post subject:
Yes I will have good signal for texting. Smile I go in for my consultation Feb 25. So abt 19 days!! When a friend of a friend went in for her consultation they put her on bc the 1st month to give her ovaries a rest. Not sure if they will do the same for me since I am not on an fertility drugs just metformin for the time being. I am getting scared they won't want to mess with me with high cholesterol and triglycerides. I am afraid they will want to send me to a nutrionalist 1st when what I need to do is get myself into the mindset that I have to lose more weight. I just get frustrated when they tell me I might be able to conceive if I lost weight and that my weight is probably keeping me from concieving. I sat in the OBGYN office last time with women my size and heavier so when they dr told me that I got mad. I know I need to get healthier.

I am going to a general practioner tomorrow with a list of questions to why it could be so high. I was up a 1 lb this morning so back at 207. I didn't weigh 1st thing though so it isn't the truest weigh in.

Wow!! I am glad you got the week off. It will give you time to get the meds out of your system. You'll take that 2 lbs off in no time! Smile Make sure you get plenty of you time in. Sometimes this ttc stuff gets to us even when we don't realise it. Have you made any plans for your unplanned time off? Smile

I am ready for the baby or babies!! Very Happy Just not the bills that come from the treatments but I would pay twice that for a chance of having a baby (I am not going to tell my drs that) Very Happy I am really hoping we get to be bump buddies and get to discuss decorating nurseries together!!
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 am 
Post subject:
I hope they can find out why it is high.
I understand your frustration.
This week we taking a break from dieting whilst I'm not hot mentally.
If there is anything I can do to help encourage you in your duet please tell me.
Good you're going to your GP to get answers.
Yeah good having the week off. Anxiety hasn't reduced yet, but hopefully will soon.
I'm just chilling out at the moment
May do some exercise.
We live out in the country, so heading to the city on Thursday for a few days with the cousins.

Wat do you think of the idea that you may end up with twins?
I think that'd be awesome.
For us, if we get pregnant, it's likely to only be once, so a twofer would be fab.
Plus my hubby was a twin, but his mom miscarried one of them, his grandad was in I'd twin. My great aunt was a twin.
Plus more that I can't think of in our family.
I know it would be very hard but if it's my only chance of having more than one child, idtotally be up for it. Lol

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 am 
Post subject:
The trip into the city sounds like it will be fun! Ugh. I hope the anxiety disappears soon! Has exercising helped it any?

I just am not in the proper mindset right now for dieting. I am having stress cravings. I am going to talk to my GP tomorrow abt diets and see what he says. Most diets I have found says to give up dairy products or go no fat but when you read abt trying to concieve they tell you to eat have at least 2%. I may start sending you an message at the week of my exercise so I have to keep myself moving.

I would love twins or triplets!! I am not sure we will be able to afford any other children (thru IVF) if we have a baby (I really would) but I would be just as happy with more Very Happy It sounds like you could have a good chance at twins. I heard once a woman hits 35 some websites say 30 your chances of twins are higher, and since your hubby was a twin there is another odd in yoru favor!! One reason I don't want to lose a ton of weight is bc I read that a women with a BMI of 30 is more likely to concieve multiples! Not sure how true that is! I know it sounds greedy but I feel like I have waited so long for a baby that I am kinda hoping for twins or triplets. I don't care what their gender is I just want a healthy baby/babies for their sakes. I would love them no matter what.
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 am 
Post subject:
I totalLy get wat your saying. If you haven option of multiple pregnancies, singular is fine, when you have only one chance, hope for what you can lol.
Feel Free to let me know if you want to check in exercise wise. I will do the same.
Whilst I'm off, I may plan out my exercise goals. Smile
I'm so excited for your appt.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lara, I think I am going to start sending you a weekly log of my exercise (in a pm) so you can see what I am doing and try to encourage me along. I will def do the same for you!! Will get the 1st record out Sunday 17 as I have been a bit shameful this week. Embarassed

GP visit went well. I expected most of what I heard. Cut out red meat or at least cut it down (which is hard when I married into a cattle family), eat more fish, work on eating less buttery and sugary foods and eat more proteins. Cut out pastas if possible if not have very limited amounts in the form of whole grain pastas and breads, more veggies, fruits and nuts. He was concerned that my levels had increased that much. He told me to start increasing my daily dose of fish oils. When I told him I was on Metformin bc of infertility but was undiagnosed for PCOS he told me that they don't normally put people on it unless they really suspect PCOS. He looked at my records and asked who had been refilling my metformin prescriptions. When I told him that it was my OBYGN he stated that if several drs wanted me on it that should tell me something. He also said he would like me to exercise at least 4-5 times a week in a heart pumping, body sweating manner.

Let's see how well I can do!!

I am impressed that you can make a schedule and follow it. I am bad. I think I am going to start planning out meals even further ahead to make sure I eat alot better. Can't wait till my teeth feel better and I can go back to munching on carrots. I am going back to dentist today bc of pain. They said I can expect a few more visits to get the pain out. Since they have done so much work they said it take awhile to get everything lined up.

Well I better get off here. This is so much longer than I meant for it to be Embarassed

Have a great day!!
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Cassie, so sorry for the late delay.
Been one of those weeks, as you know.
I will do the same as you, but I will send you my weeks plan on Sunday, and then let you know how I got in and the next weeks plan the next week. Is that cool?
It sounds as though you really do have PCOS. I tried the Metformin, but simply could not tolerate it, the side effects never went away. I was stuck in the loo permanently. Lol.
How are you going with the new diet plan?
Not sure if I said, but on Tuesday we decided to halt diet for a week to sort out my head,which has worked, will be back on track on Monday.
Let's kick this in the butt!!!
How are your teeth going now? Hope you have had some improvement.
Tonight I sat on the beach with my DH, his cousin and his wife. We watched the sunset. Was so lovely.
Anyway, didn't want to let you think I'd forgotten you.
I saw your post earlier on those who get pg for fun or to keep a bf. totally get you.
Anyhow, chat soon.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
I am glad you got some down time with your hubby and his cousins. As for the diet sometimes you need a break to keep abandoning it all together. Just make sure you go back Monday! Smile You have been doing so great!!

It has been one of those weeks hasn't it?

I have been so darn cranky! I went to the dentist Wednesday and the readusted my crown so that feels 100% better but my jaw on both side still aches along with my ear. I went in again Thursday for a bit adjustment and told them that my bite still felt to high but they said they thought it was fine and sent me home. They have tried adjusting my bite alot and haven't been able to get it right yet. I have been eating healthier. DH has been helping me.

I am also get anxious for my appt on the 25th. On Monday it will be 2 weeks away and I keep asking myself if they dr will really help me or tell me to make changes first and make me wait a few months. I am driving myself crazy. There was a post on here titled Help that didn't set right on me either. And everywhere I go there are little kids pregnant. It has been tearing me up. Well I will let you go. Enjoy the rest of your time off!
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 am 
Post subject:
Hey Cassie
Hope you are well today.
Well I've done it. I'm back on my diet and about o email you my exercise plan for the week.
Scary.
Very excited as my Jillian Michael DVDs arrived today... Woohoo

You and your poor teeth. I don't know how you've coped, poor chicken.

Glad you've managed to eat healthier.
Wow two weeks today til your appt. I really truly hope it goes to plan.
I saw that help post and knew where you were oming from.
are u sening me your te plan?
Have an awesome day.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lara,
How was your week off? I am glad to hear you are back on your diet and have an exercise plan. It looks good!

I went back to the dentist and so far so good! I am planning to start watching what I eat even better. I realize that I haven't been eating breakfast that much so I might start drinking a shake for breakfast. I think I will have a fruit or nuts for a snack before and after lunch. For lunch I figure I can eat a salad with some chicken in it and dinner have chicken, fish or something. Figured meal and snacking planning for the week will do alot of good. It will give me something to follow.

My work is serving donuts and pops all week so I have stocked up with healthier snacks to carry around so I don't give in to them.

I started my Jillian Michael 30 day shred today. Got a good sweat going. Let me know how you like it. I am going to try to do it every day this week.
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 am 
Post subject:
Hey Cassie
My time off went well. Came back to work feeling sooo much better mentally.
Back on my diet and raring to go.
Couldn't do my exercise last night, but today bought a fit ball and am using it as a chair in my office. Really awesome and hitting my abs. Lol
It's almost 8pm, about to head back to work. My husband is a florist and it's our busiest time of year. Lots to do, so tota go back for a few hours.
So glad things are improving for your teeth, don't think I'd cope near o well.
Shakes are a great filler for breakfast I find.
Doh must be hard around outs....
My job is getting people with disabilities back into the workforce.

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular