setting a good example...

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm 
Post subject: setting a good example...
I'm getting really fed up of my oh. I try so hard to set a good example to the kids ie eating all my tea/veg using manners and apologizing when I do something wrong.. And my oh seems set to destroy all my hard wwork.. He point blank refuses to eat most healthy foods.. And very rarely finishes his plate but is very quick to go in yhe sweetie cupboard.. Yet s houts at the boys for the same thing and refuses them any pudding.. Hes setting bad examples in other things as well and the icing on the cake was when he swore in front of Charlie then blamed me because Charlie copied him!! I've tried explaining to him the they learn by copying.. He wont listen to me.. Does anyone else have the same problem? Or similar at least?? Feel like I'm teaching 3 children... X
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Yes yes yes my oh is soo much worse than the kids wont eat veg swears wont say please or thank you just generally an idiot at times and he is sure its not him the kids have got there attitude from!
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:10 am 
Post subject:
Yes my oh is exactly the same he's such a fussy eater but then tells my girl off when she doesn't eat her food he swears alot and he chucks things to tidy up like instead of walking to put toys away he'll chuçk it to the box or randomly throw toys out his way it's so annoying cus he'll tell the kids off if they chuck they're toys about but yet he's aloud to do it and them watch him and think its alright cus daddy's doing it he doesn't seem to get it!!
Rach I think quite a few men are still like children I often say to my oh its like hes my fourth child but then he'd often say stop being my mum ur not my mum!! Lol can't win

[url=http://lilypie.com]

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
My OH does everything like a 1 year old - sneezing, yawning, coughing with his mouth WIDE open.

Honestly amount of times I've told him to go and wipe his snot off the toilet door, because I REFUSE to do it....

Very rarely says please or thank you and I've tried to tell him kids copy, they love to copy. Nothing better than doing the same as Papa....

Oh well... I'm just hoping that my good manners etc... will rub off on the kids. DS already tells DD to put her hand in front of her mouth if she coughs. And he started saying "please" and "thank you" last week instead of "ask nicely Mommy" (copying me when I tell him to ask me nicely for something...
Laughing )
He also says Bless You after his sneezes. I didn't teach him that, but he must have picked it up from me. (Shows you how quickly they just pick up things).

I would say just keep doing your best with your kids and I'm sure they will know "the right way" if you know what I mean. Might not do it in their teens, but if its their basic childhood upbringing I'm sure they will be doing it as adults.

Faerydae
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
yep! not so much on the food front because OH will eat whatever I put in front of him but he's SO lazy! won't even take his plate in to the kitchen (a few feet away), won't get up to grab something from the other side of the room, instead makes me get it, he NEVER covers his mouth when he coughs/sneezes, doesn't use ANY manners and swears like a trooper.

and no matter how many times I tell him that even though LO is only 7 months, he WILL pick up on all this, he never listens....
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
i feel awful saying it but im really glad im not on my own... to be fair hes been an angel today.. hes even cleaned for me while i sat on my butt getting force fed sweeties haha just wish he would learn the other stuff.. haha x
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
charlene258 wrote:

Rach I think quite a few men are still like children I often say to my oh its like hes my fourth child but then he'd often say stop being my mum ur not my mum!! Lol can't win

Completely agree with this.. you can't win! My kid's Dad is like a child too and then he wonders why I have no respect for him at all.

darkriver
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject:
My fiance hates fruit (says he doesnt like the taste!!) I obviously want my kids to eat healthy food. However he doesnt eat fruit so I am dreading when my kid refuses to eat it because daddy doesnt.
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
I dont have a problem getting the kids to eat fruit especially berries and apples and oranges.. They love them.. But my oh never eats it.. It's vegetables they've noticed.. They do tell him off too now though haha xx
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yes! Ive the same thing.

Hubby is always swearing, if i tell him off he does it all the more! I even have belle saying "naughty word daddy!" Lucky she has only repeated him once and told her off.

Hes ok with the food though, but does annoy me that he sits and eats something for pudding at the table in front of Belle when im struggling to get her to eat all of her dinner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular