Anyone with young children

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:54 pm 
Post subject: Anyone with young children
My little one (19 months on Friday) seems to be going through another 'mummy only' phase, so he's a bit clingy when I drop him off at nursery but is fine once I've left, he's fine with his nana, in fact wants her more than me lol. However the big problem really is daddy, its rare that if I'm around he'll stay with daddy more than a couple of minutes and if I leave the room all hell breaks loose and to make it worse my OH just ends up getting annoyed and upset so then I have 2 sulky boys Rolling Eyes

We've been through this before when he was about 10 months old and it passed, just right now it seems worse and is very very tiring especially being almost 31 weeks pg. I'm at a bit of a loss what to do, I know it will pass eventually, I wondering if I leave him with my OH more and actually leave the house it will pass quicker.

Any tips ladies?

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I've had this thing in reverse ie my 18 month hasn't wanted to know me. She has been all daddy daddy and screams when he leaves the room. I used to sulk and cry but now I just distract her or take her off him and take her to another room and then she is fine after a few minutes. (she started being like this since I started back at work).

Think your oh just needs to perservere and spend more one to one time with him, that seems to be working for us.

Good luck!!
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
my youngest little boy has spells like that. he follows me everywhere and i cant even go to the toilet in peace. he doesnt like it when i go out and leave him with his dad but he doesnt scream (he did when he was younger though) i have found hes been a lot more clingy since i got pregnant especially the further on i get Smile i think they can sense something is changing even if theyre not old enough to understand why Smile xx
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yep you are going to have to start leaving them to it but I will say is just start off with a short time like 15 to 30 minutes and build up to longer periods. It will be good for you and your son but also your OH will need to peservere and distract him. I'm lucky my little man is ok with me leaving him which surprises me as im a SAHM.

Best get your DH in training before no.2 arrives!!
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, just hate hearing him scream, tonight it sounded like he was in real pain and all daddy was doing was 'shut up alex stop being silly' Mad I must resolve to be stronger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular