Stupid thought but..

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject: Stupid thought but..
Anyone ever think "How the hell does a baby get out a hole that small"

I know I have given birth before but it really freaks me out, its the only thing that I'm scared of, contractions I can get my head around but the baby coming out is a mystery. I want to be a midwife one day too but I wince every time I see a vaginal birth! Trying to de-sensitise myself to it but it doesnt seem to be working Confused

How the hell does everything go back to normal? Perhaps if i understood it I wouldnt be so scared.. any tips on overcoming this ridiculous fear..?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
the miracle of female bodies? sorry i dont have an answer. ive often thought it myself.. maybe if we knew it would be easier to explain to children.. charlie thought my tummy would pop and the baby would come out and now he thinks shes coming out of my bottom like a big poo... >< haha x
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm 
Post subject:
Put it this way better that hole then the other!!!
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 am 
Post subject:
The inside walls are a muscle that stretches and contracts, just like any other muscle which is why it's so pliable, the skin is a lot softer too so more flexible, it's amazing how our bodies work

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 am 
Post subject:
See the baby coming down the birth canal doesnt bother me its the head crowning lol it always looks like its all going to burst open.. mind you ive done it once before so hopefully wont sting so much this time.. just really scared of tearing again, dont want to have stitches again as its worse than the birth itself Shocked

Does anyone know if rubbing olive oil into my foof for a few months would help? xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 am 
Post subject:
i ddnt have any stitches with my first not even a graze, with my second i used EPO internally to help with stretching and i tore and was cut not to worry you but i dont think it makes any difference.
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
was your second baby bigger? xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
I ha've been lucky and neither times needed stitches but I had worse injuries with Charlie at 8lb12.5 than Lewis who was 11lbs;) xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular