Can u get pregnant using the....

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 am 
Post subject:
I think it is different for everyone Avasmummy when it comes to breastfeeding and fertility Question I know when I breastfed my last my AF came back after 6 weeks and I was ovulating and having regular AF's and he was a hungry baby, exclusively breast fed and feeding avery 3 to 4 hrs Question So I guess I ovulated for the first time 4 weeks after he was born and could have got pregnant then, but with my first that I breast fed I didn't have an AF for at least 5 months so probably didn't ov for 4 1/2 months Question
Basically if you're getting a regular AF you will almost certainly be ovulating so can conceive and the first ovulation will of course be before the first AF so you really can get caught out Rolling Eyes Laughing
Oh and good point with the charting, although its not foolproof as sometimes ov dates can change, but there is a natural contraception mehtod called Persona that works a bit like the cbfm, it tells you when you're getting closer to ov and warns you when not to have sex Shocked Laughing it does mean peeing on a stick for some of your cycle though but its totally hormone free, so won't affect your weight or moods or future fertility Smile in fact I've seen some women online using an actual cbfm as a contraceptive method after using it to help get pregnant Laughing xx
charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Thank u ladies for ur replies. I will be honest and tell doc iv had unprotected sex but he hasn't come in me hopefully doc will put me on pill or something whilst waiting to find out if I have caught cus I can't not have sex at mo lol my hormones are raging!! Do u think going on pull will be ok whilst waiting to test? At least ill be protected whilst waiting wont I.

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
They won't let you go on the pill if you have any chance of being pregnant. In the mean time use condoms!
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Charlene the pill is only effective straight away if you start the first day of an AF if you start mid cycle then I think it takes about 2 weeks to be fully effective Question
So you'd have to use another method like condoms as well Question
If you're feeling very frisky at the moment that could be a sign you're ovulating, so I'd be especially careful Shocked Laughing xx
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I've used the withdrawal method on and off with hubby and have never caught but that's probably more dumb luck than anything.

I think BF is no less reliable than most other forms of contraception as long as you are feeding every 2-4 hours. For me I didn't get any periods for 9 months.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular