No 2 pregnancies the same?

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject: No 2 pregnancies the same?
Hi Ladies, if my dates are right I am 5 weeks today, how on earth do I sanely get through the next 7 weeks until my scan? Please tell me it goes super quick! We have told our parents but no-one else, we don't want them worrying or getting over excited as we had a m/c in Sept and I'm still feeling cautious but more and more optimistic Smile (not put a ticker on just yet, not quite there yet Wink )

So far, this pregnancy is going the same as my first, which is reassuring, I made a pregnancy diary with my first which I have read up to week 5 of, its quite interesting to compare my thoughts/feelings and symptoms this time around, and wondered how different/similar your pregnancies were if you have had more than 1?

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, though I would make the jump and join general pregnancy Very Happy xx

Chloal
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Poppytops, congrats on the pregnancy. Fingers crossed that the 7 weeks speed by for you. It's a torment isn't it because all you want is that first scan to check that everything is ok.
I don't normally post much, more read and take the advice that the ladies post, but I remember you being on the forum when you were pregnant with your first. We were pregnant at the same time.
I am 22 weeks Preg at the moment and this pregnancy has been different to my first, feeling much better in myself without any early bleeds, but this baby decided that mummy should have nausea rather than just sailing through lol.

Good luck on your journey x
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
My two pregnancies have been identical except the sickness with this one has been worse. Try not to worry but I remmeber how stressed I was at your stage so I completely understand xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies ladies, Chloal, bless you for remembering me, I practically lived on AB while TTC my first and during my pregnancy Laughing Mind you I lost my job halfway through so it was a good way of passing the time! How old is your first now?

Avasmummy, thank you, I am trying to be calm and zen about it but its more not telling people, sat in work and my boss sends me on the coffee run, down lots of stairs etc and walking over the works car-park which is a sheet of ice because I work part time and never get a parking space close by Wink I want to have a paddy and say 'don't you know I'm with-child!' haha!!!xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
all 3 of my pregnancies have been different but the boys were similar in more ways than this one has been.. i had less symptoms with them than with this pregnancy and different ones too... xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
poppytops wrote:
Thanks for your replies ladies, Chloal, bless you for remembering me, I practically lived on AB while TTC my first and during my pregnancy Laughing Mind you I lost my job halfway through so it was a good way of passing the time! How old is your first now?

Avasmummy, thank you, I am trying to be calm and zen about it but its more not telling people, sat in work and my boss sends me on the coffee run, down lots of stairs etc and walking over the works car-park which is a sheet of ice because I work part time and never get a parking space close by Wink I want to have a paddy and say 'don't you know I'm with-child!' haha!!!xx

Haha i kept mine a secret until 12 weeks and it was so hard because I was suffering with the worst morning sickness ever so had nobody to talk to except one friend off of here and the girls on here.. i think i would just tell people straight away next time so they dont just think im being lazy hiding in bed.. mind you there will never be a next time! Laughing got the girls I always wanted and going back to uni next september so no more babies for me Very Happy xx

Chloal
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
My little boy is 3 in April, and is very excited about the baby in mummy's tummy lol.
It's hard keeping it a secret from peeps at work, I know I found it difficult. Though one of the department managers guessed when I was about 9 weeks!! Apparently I kpt pulling my cardigan around my middle? All unconscious on my part but it shows some people don't miss a trick
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
RachN3Babies, what you said makes me think I'm having another girl Wink but I honestly wouldnt mind either way, I always wanted a girl at some point and I have my daughter so will be very happy with a healthy baby regardless of their parts Laughing

Avasmummy, I don't know how I'm going to last keeping it a secret, everyone knows we are trying because of the m/c last year, hey ho! What are you going to study at uni?

Chloal, my DD will be 3 in May Wink I think I will be found out at work, a few know of my MC last year so I think they will suspect at the slightest sign :roll:xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
poppytops wrote:
Avasmummy, I don't know how I'm going to last keeping it a secret, everyone knows we are trying because of the m/c last year, hey ho! What are you going to study at uni

Going to study to become a midwife Smile xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, that's fabulous! There seems to be a few ladies on here who have expressed an interest or are training to become a midwife. All the best with it all, you can at least say you have had some practice when you start your training now Wink xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
My 2 pg are quite differnt

Symptoms last time

Sickness untill about 9 weeks
quite a few bleeds throughout
stuffy nose until about 8 weeks
swollen feet and ankles all the way through
headaches until about 20 weeks
Symp[toms this time

Constantly bunged up
headaches so far all way through
very tired all way through
huge aversion to smells (even some nice ones) makes me physically sick, so far all way through
sickness untill about 13 weeks

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tracebumfluffwhy (love the name btw Laughing Laughing ) My Moms pregnancies were very different each time also.

I assumed that I would have different pregnancies, I'm only 5 weeks so they could turn out very different, for now though, I am happy that my symptoms are similar to the 1st, its reassuring Smile very sore boobs though, remember having this the first time but not quite so bad! Its doubtful I can hide this pregnancy for long as my boobs have increased considerably Laughing People have already commented, I said it was a different bra Laughing Cool xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun - just wanted to wish you the very best this time round as I think we were chatting around the time you had your mc Sad *hugs* Really happy you got a BFP for the new year and hope you have a very happy and healthy remaining 9 months! Very Happy

I know everyone is different but I can honestly say my pregnancies have been so different. I don't know whether it is because I'm expecting a girl this time, and had a boy last time... but with him, I knew I was pregnant straight away, huge sore boobs, sensitive smell, sick all the time, exhausted etc - then when I had a chemical pregnancy last year it was identical - symptoms all very strong a few days before testing... but then the following month, I didn't think I was pregnant at all, waited for my AF and was actually very surprised when I tested to find a BFP - and have hardly felt pregnant at all this time!!! No sickness (apart from a couple of days of nausea), not that tired, boobs are still 'normal size' and not sore at all, eating everything etc - the only sign I find that I am pregnant (apart from the wriggles and size of me now!) is my moods - been a right grumpy cow for months - poor DH! Smile

Not sure if it's a sex thing for babies but definitely very different for me! Smile

All the best xxxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
Hey hun - just wanted to wish you the very best this time round as I think we were chatting around the time you had your mc Sad *hugs* Really happy you got a BFP for the new year and hope you have a very happy and healthy remaining 9 months! Very Happy

I know everyone is different but I can honestly say my pregnancies have been so different. I don't know whether it is because I'm expecting a girl this time, and had a boy last time... but with him, I knew I was pregnant straight away, huge sore boobs, sensitive smell, sick all the time, exhausted etc - then when I had a chemical pregnancy last year it was identical - symptoms all very strong a few days before testing... but then the following month, I didn't think I was pregnant at all, waited for my AF and was actually very surprised when I tested to find a BFP - and have hardly felt pregnant at all this time!!! No sickness (apart from a couple of days of nausea), not that tired, boobs are still 'normal size' and not sore at all, eating everything etc - the only sign I find that I am pregnant (apart from the wriggles and size of me now!) is my moods - been a right grumpy cow for months - poor DH! Smile

Not sure if it's a sex thing for babies but definitely very different for me! Smile

All the best xxxx

I think its is a sex thing you know.. because most people who have identical pregnancies have the same sex and vise versa xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Aww thanks MingoMayo Very Happy Yes I cant shake the feeling that its a girl, probably because of the similarities in pregnancies, I convinced myself that I was carrying a boy last time and that I cant carry boys (I know this is irrational and I have no evidence to support this Rolling Eyes ), knowing me though, it will be a boy! I'm always wrong when predicting what others have and even thought I was having a boy first time round Laughing xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular