should I be worried??

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm 
Post subject: should I be worried??
One of my main concern when I got pregnant was the size of the baby.. As Charlie was 8lb 12.5 and Lewis was 11lbs im terrified this baby will be huge too... Today's scan has not put my mindustry at eade at all.. My 29 week scan showed baby growing perfectly up the 50th centile but ttoday she is on the 75th centile.. The sonographer thinks if shwe carries on growing following the same line she will be approx 8lb4.. What worries me is she was measuring 3lbs already and has jumped centile in 8weeks.. I have a gtt tomorrow and a growth scan at 35 week's but I cant shake the fear f having a huge baby again.. No-one predicted Lewis was going to be as big as he was... I know shes healthy and I'm grateful for that ut the weight issue is niggling in the back of my head all the time.... X
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 am 
Post subject:
I'd see how your next growth scan goes Hun but if its making you feel very anxious then I would phone your midwife to talk about it. I've been told that my baby is big this time which is a shock as Emilia only weighed 7lbs 1oz at 9 days overdue! I had a growth scan at 29 weeks and baby was on the top line on the charts! My GTT was normal as well. I've got another growth scan at 34 weeks and the consultant said if baby had grown massively again then they would do another GTT. Have they mentioned inducing you early if she continues to grow as she is? X x
How was the birth with Lewis? X x

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am 
Post subject:
I would try not to focus on the measurements they do as it doesnt seem to be very reliable, I measured average all the way through and then went on to have a 6lb 4 baby. If you spend all your time worrying then you'll miss out on the loveliness of being pregnant (easier said than done I realise!)

You may find when you have your growth scan that its a completely different story!

Good Luck!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I have an appointment with obstetricians at 36 weeks to ddiscuss what should be done.. Because by then they will have all the information they need. No matter what they are not letting me go over due.. My labour with Lewis was induced and o didnt tear/graze at all... But he ws long and thin(still is) haha.. I'm probably being irrational and I know growth scans are inaccurate but I'm worrying haha. I get the results from my gtt next week so well see Smile x
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
I agree that the growth scans can be inaccurate... On a positive note, you had Lewis vaginally, with my DD the midwife predicted I would have a average size baby at 8.4oz, however she was 9.6oz by c-section which is no surprise as I am 5ft tall Shocked needless to say, they are giving me growth scans next time, so we shall see... I'm sure I will be feeling as you are as I near labour Confused xx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
I personally wouldn't read too much into the EFW you have been given, obviously you have had bib babies in the past, but I was scanned at roughly the same time last time and she was estimated at 2lbs 9oz, she was born 12 days late a 8lbs 8oz xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular