Contraception

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject: Contraception
I asked this question not that long back on here but what contraception does everyone use?

I have been given cerazette (mini pill) but the stories that i have read about it and what my friends have told me they never stopped bleeding so im not going to take it and im thinking about going for the implant or the IUD instead.

has anyone got any good stories to say about the implant or IUD lol? i want something to help lighten my periods and help make them regular or even stop them as im sick of being so heavy.

i know the combined pill can make you regular and stuff but cant take that one because of family history of thrombosis Sad xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
i hated cerazette it made me bleed constantly after i had been on it a year (i was fine for the first year) and i heard so many horror stories about the mirena coil i convinced myself it was the root of all my problems. i couldnt lose weight and my pnd got worse? i think after this baby im going for the copper coil as so far ive had problems with everything else ive tried ... i also cant have combined pill due to family history Smile xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
I had cerazette and it stopped my periods from the first month, but I put on loads of weight. I had micronor and my cycles got longer and went from 28-30 days to 60+ but I would have a period, with bleeding for 3-4 days, spotting for 2-3 days. Stop then spot again for a couple of days, then stop for a week, then spot again. But then nothing for about 4-6 weeks!

The injection was one of the best for me, stopped my periods and no bad side effects. Just hassle going every 3 months to get it. Also I heard horror stories about TTC after, but I stopped it and went on the pill for a year and conceived straight away.

My friend was on the copper coil for years, but when she changed recently they advised her to try the mirena, and her peiods have been really bad since. I personally dont like the idea of havign anything in my body so the coil and implant are out Sad

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Most pills gave me bad headaches and heavy bleeding!
The injection made me moody and angry!
The implant is a god send, I'm a wimp and can honestly say it didn't hurt too! You don't have anything to worry about as I'm sure you're aware its in for 3 years, I rarely bleed even when I'm "due" but when I do its light, I get lots of cramps though but I believe that's due to my heart shaped uterus. Definitely recommend the implant though! Xx
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
I'm currently on the pill (microgynon) but I struggle remembering to take it (OH has to remind me most nights haha) so considering copper coil instead.

I used to have the implant but it messed me up, my moods were all over the place and I just turned completely psycho most of the time! a lot of my friends have the same problem with it aswell
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
I was on the pill but I never remembered to take it so I went on the implant.
First one I had made my AF a bit random - bled for 4 months after my first implant Shocked
Am now on implant number 2 - implant lasts for 3 years. Had this one in for about 8 months andno side effects and no AF Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
I'm on cerazette, this is the second month i've been on it and I'm now bleeding again Twisted Evil Thats how it works as a contraceptive... it keeps making you bleed so you cant do it anyway! It's the same hormone as the implant so thought I'd try this first to see how I got on with it. I think I'm more moody already. I've had mycrogynon in the past too and got decreased libido straight away. I don't like the coil idea or condoms so not sure what to do next Crying or Very sad

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
There are 5 different POP pills, they all have synthetic progesterone called progetogens but use different types, can't remember exactly which,so even if one doesn't work well for you then another might Question
I've had two pop pills though and been fine with them, neither was cerrazette , GP's like to prescribe that now as its considered the most effective as far as pregnancy goes, my own GP tried to force it on me when I needed the pill for a bit and I had to insist I didn't want it Rolling Eyes I got Noriday on the recommendation of my cons and it was fine and in the past had a different one that if anything made my periods stop Micro something but it might not be available now Question They're not all the same though and cerazette has been linked to fertility not returning for up to a year, with the two I took my fertility wasn't affected Question ,I got pregnant on the first one but I could have missed one or taken it late on holiday Embarassed Laughing I had taken it for over a year before that with no problems (and no weight gain Very Happy )
The injection was fine when i had that as well, but I hated the implant and had mine out after about 4 months as it drove me crazy (hormones,mood swings, hot flushes, pregnancy type symptoms ) Rolling Eyes
My two daughters had the implant as their first contraception (those clinics are really pushing it Shocked ) and one was fine, had a period every six months or so and felt normal on it,so much so she had a second one fitted recently, the other gained 4 stone got breast lumps from the progesterone and bled almost all the time and hated it Question
I'd maybe try the less permanent ones first and if they're no good then switch, the pills easy to change at least if it doesn't suit you Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular