confused over dates!

femaleboss90
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm 
Post subject: confused over dates!
I'm pregnant and my last period was 25th October 2012 which would make my due date 1st august 2013 however when I went for my scan she couldn't get correct measurements because baby wouldn't move for her to get them accurate but just had to go on what she got putting me a week back now being due 9th august but she put give or take 5 days either side on my notes! Going with 1st of august would make me 14weeks tomos or going with 9th august I'll be 13weeks on Friday. Surely u go from first day of ur last period and that makes it the 1st august how can it be any other date? Some babies are bigger or smaller for there age! I just don't get it?

Anyone?
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
So before your scan they go on last period, however once you've had your scan they go on measurements. Its not unusual for them to put you back or forwards a few days, last time they put me back by 1 day and this baby they've put me forward 5 days.

They should be able to tell you more at the 20 week scan hopefully.

femaleboss90
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
I will also just add that my scan picture is clearer than anyone's I've seen as she said when it was done I was 11weeks 4days when I thought I was 12weeks 5days when I wentor my scan. I've seen friends 12weeks ones and they not clear at all and seen earlier scans and they r just a blob mine definitely looks much more further on like a nearly 13week scan should look .
femaleboss90
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I know they can put u back or forward but her measurements were not accurate its so annoying thati don't even know how far along I am! X
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
You can never know your due dte for sure unless you know when you ovulated. To be honest I think some babies measure smaller even in the first trimester and some bigger.. not really sure but they put my dates forward so they trying to say im due almost a week earlier but I know thats not true as I know when I ovulated. I wouldnt get too fixed on te due date anyway only 5% of babies are born on their due date xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
It can depend on the machine as well Question Some scan pictures are very unclear and others are brilliant with much more detail, as Avasmummy said though unless you know to the day when you ovulated then its hard to say, the dates going from your last period work on the basis you ovulated on day 14 of your cycle, in reality a lot of women don't even with a 28 day cycle so you could have just ovulated later in your cycle Question

With the +/- 5 days thing its not far off when you expected anyway.
Sometimes even the IVF women who know exactly to the day when their babies were conceived have their dates changed as the scan dates go off average sizes and not all baies are average, and baby will definately turn up only when its ready anyway so in the end the due date they give you is pretty irrelevant Question Smile xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
I had my scan at 13+1 and got put back to 13 exactly. My sister had her scan at 13 weeks exactly and got told she was 12+6, so exactly the same as me (and same hospital), but my scan was loads clearer, and my baby looked bigger.

femaleboss90
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
I no its not a deffinate date but would be nice to go on or around a certain date not when people ask 'how far u' oh somewhere between 13 and 14 weeks makes me sound thick like I don't even tho when my own due date is. I'm going from last day of my period which makes me 14 weeks so we will see and hopefully see on my 20week scan what its measuring. Thanks for replys.
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh I would just stick to your dates regardless of what drs say tbh.. I remember when I had Ava they said i was due in september but i knew that was stupid because of my last period and when i got my first pg test.. according to me she was due 29th august.. sure enough she came 26th august so my dates were more accurate than theirs. On all my records though it still says I had her at 37 weeks but i think she was on time in all honesty and just a small baby or something xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 pm 
Post subject:
Because I have pco my LMP date made me 2 months further than I was! Then when I was scanned ( I had a few) my dates changed loads of times. I also believe that Frankie was just a small baby and was due earlier than they thought - she was a week early (according to their dates) but I'm not convinced. I really wouldn't worry too much about it - chose a date and use that til ur told otherwise - due dates mean squiddly dot anyway! Smile
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
When i was pregnant with my daughter, going by my last period i was due on 30th October 2011, at my 7 & 9 Weeks Scans they said 10th November and then at my 12 week scan they gave me the 5th November and the same with my 20 week scan.
She was born on 10th November but only because i had to be induced due to reduced fetal movement.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
I stuck with my dates when people asked me. By my dates Belle was due the 12th Sept. I had my scan 4 days before 14 weeks and they put me at 14 weeks making my due date the 8th Sept.

I stuck with mt dates coz if Belle was late i didnt want everybody saying "have you not had her yet" that way it would have given me 4 extra days to be spared from the constant asking Laughing

I shouldn't worry too much about the date.

For the scan thing my scan at 14 weeks was much better than 12 week scans ive seen, Belle looked far more developed especially in the face. It could just be i had a good machine though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular