bump size

tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject: bump size
ok ladies i seen my midwife at 35 weeks and bump measured 34 weeks but today im 38 weeks and bump is measuring between 35 to 36 weeks midwife said its fine and will still be a good size baby but should i worry that my bump isnt growing i measured over with my son and he was 8lbs 1.5ozs at birth really confused about the measurements

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry too much everyone varies and every pg is different, you'll prob find next time your measured you'll be back on track.

I measured 2 or 3 weeks over last time and finally had baby at 40+5 and he was only 8.5lbs I don't think its that reliable.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
I measured spot on, right up until I went into labour then they decided I had shrunk by around 4-6cm (changed with different mw's measuring me!) and my daughter was only 5lb 12 at 40+5, but was quite long.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 am 
Post subject:
I don't think bump size matters so much when it comes to the size of the baby Question I've had massively varying bumps with mine and yet the smallest bumps where generally the heaviest babies Question
So many things make a difference like how much fluid there is, how baby is lying , if they're stretched out or curled up that its hard to judge the size of the baby just from the height of your bump , I was huge with my second (really huge like beer barrel sized Shocked ) and had a tiny 6lb 2oz baby and yet with my first I had a tiny bump and he was 7lb 7 oz Question
In the last few weeks if baby starts to engage and curl up more then your bump can drop so because they only measure the height then it can seem to shrink , I bet if you measured it round then it would still be growing Smile xx
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:
I measured bang on average with George until 36 weeks then it just stayed the same measurement wise but seemed to get bigger to me and strech marks appeared at 38 weeks so it must have grown! He was small though despite being 2 weeks over cooked 6lb 2oz. If the midwife isn't worried then I'm sure all is fine.
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry if MW isn't worried - I always measured small for mine, and had a healthy happy 7lbs baby boy almost two weeks early. Guess I just didn't carry much water or extra weight... This time I reckon I'll measure HUGE - I already feel it! Very Happy
x

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm 
Post subject:
I had the same - measured average the whole way through, my bump was huge though cause I'm so short! Then out popped a 6lb 4 baby a week early - even if I'd gone to term she wouldnt have made 7lb! Dont worry about the measurements - they seem to be pretty unreliable!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular