Not been paid

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject: Not been paid
I am so fuming. I am supposed to get paid on the last working day of the month. Usually we get paid the day before as they do an instant transfer, but it hadnt gone in yesterday so I assumed they had done a standard 3 day and it would be in this morning.

Got up this morning checked the bank and no wages and £300 in arrears as rent has gone out. Supposed to be having an Asda home delivery tonight, but dont even know if im going to get that as they wont have been able to take the payment Sad

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
That's really bad and i think your work should cover your arrears.

Also asda don't take out till about a week after delivery so don't worry about that x

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I think it depends with Asda as I've had deliveries and they've taken the money before I've received it.

Check your works T & C's. I get paid on the 24th of the month but some people get it on the 23rd of the month but if they were relying on it coming that day then there would be no come back as the official day is the 24th (I even think then they say it can take up to three days after that to cover there arses).

If the Payroll T & C's do say you should have it by now though then it is their fault and they should pay any bank charges that accumulate.

Terri xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
When I got into work I was told that we are due to be paid on the last working day of the month and it can be any time that day. I said well my bills go out at midnight, so money needs to be in, and I was told tough change your bill date or make sure money is there!

I said I cant change my rent, and there is no way I can have £525 left at the end of a month!

Luckily I have savings so transferred the money to cover the rent so it didnt bounce, and then Asda text me saying if I didnt contact them to make payment my order would be cancelled, so had to pay that too.

They did pay it before lunchtime, but its still not the point when money has ALWAYS been in on or before midnight of the last day of the month.

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
My husband gets paid every Wednesday sometimes its in late Tuesday night, sometimes its in when he drives to work and checks (about 7 am) and sometimes its not in till late that night, pain sometimes !

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I'm afraid they are right. If you are paid the last day of the month then they have until 11:59pm today to pay you so unfortunately you have no come back. If I was you I'd change my bill dates for around the 3rd of each month or make sure you have the money left at the end of the month, yes it'll be difficult the first month but once you have tha month in hand you'll get into the swing of it

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular