Constipation

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:57 pm 
Post subject: Constipation
For a while my 10 month old baby has struggled to have a poo. Sometimes he cries out in pain whilst pushing and a large hard stool is produced. Somebody said this is normal as he's now on solids, but surely it shouldn't be painful for him.

I've tried giving him prune juice and giving him plums to eat and some high fibre foods but it doesn't make a difference so I think I will be making an appointment at the doctors.

Has anybody else experienced this with their LO?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
My lo suffered but found orange juice helped....just a small quantity. If not take him to the docs x

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Might need to cut down on white bread/bananas etc and ensure he is getting lots of liquids. Water is best or really diluted juice. If that doesn't work go doctor who may prescribe movicol which is really gentle and softens the stools a lot.

Terri xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
oh we had months of this with Alex Sad first of all they prescribed lactolous which didn't work for us but does lots of babies, and then they gave us movicol which he still takes, in fact I'm just cutting it down to every other day.

Avoid Banana's, eggs, white bread, white rice

Have lots of:-

Water (Lots and lots and lots)
grapes
satsumas
cabbage

Good luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular