Just seen on Yahoo news that Burger King have also found horse meat in them x
I wonder if all the companies just use the same supplier??? Confused

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
I can't remember the last time I had a burger so it doesn't really affect me but if I was to go to McDonald's I think I'd prob still get a big mac if I'm honest lol x

KathG
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Its put me off. I cant believe that it happend, it just shows you dont really know what your eating, cant trust packaging or ingredients list. Sounds like its affecting lots of companies. I had a big mac today (my little treat to myself because working nightshift tonight and no time to cook) and had to stop half way through cause I started thinking about it lol.

[/url]
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
I rarely eat burgers anyway, expecially not at fast food resteraunts as I dont think they use good quality meat anyway.

Last time I had a burger was a few months ago at wetherspoons. So it really doesnt bother me to not eat them

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
I personally dont care what meat is in a burger, as long as it tastes good.. I dont see the big fuss over another animals meat we eat all the others.. cow, pig, chicken.. little lambs and bunnies Laughing unless youre a vegetarian. Ive tried a few meats tbf and the only one I can say is horrible is kangaroo meat Laughing

I cant say I will stop eating burgers. I was eating a burger from a kebab house the other day and I was like wow this tastes so good (because it had been a while) and my oh said yeh theres probably horse meat in it and I was just like "oh well" and munched the rest in minutes Embarassed Laughing

I'm a bit on the carnivorous side xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
It hasn't stopped me either..I had a burger tonight, an Iceland burger at that Laughing
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 am 
Post subject:
ZeeLou wrote:
It hasn't stopped me either..I had a burger tonight, an Iceland burger at that Laughing

Love it! Living on the wild side Laughing

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:11 am 
Post subject:
I don't like them anyway, they smell funny to me Question and you know with anything like that they use all the scrapings Yuk
Was reading yesterday that the horsemeat probably came from frozen blocks of "slaughterhouse leftovers" in Poland bought by this irish suppliers Shocked Why the hell would you buy something named slaughterhouse leftovers to put in food Shocked Confused
I know a lot of people say if you eat any meat then its hypocritical to say you won't eat certain animals but for me there are a few issues,
one that horses aren't raised as food, so are given drugs not intended for people to consume and there are no checks made Question
Two is that these horses are pets , that are bought at auction and then slaughtered in the most horrific way (honestly if you watch some of the you tube vids you'd never eat horsemeat Sad )some are racehorses that weren't fast enough or kids ponies they outgrew or just older horses no one wants because they can't ride them , they trust humans and to me its like having a pet dog or cat and then when they get older and aren't in such good health or not as fun anymore then killing them and eating them Confused
It's just immoral like the owners who dump greyhounds when they can't race anymore and there's no more money to be made Confused
Three is that if they don't even know what animals are going into the food then obviously they aren't making checks on the safety of the ingredients , and after the whole mad cow fiasco which caused deaths through CJD then they should be more careful Shocked
I now can't donate blood or be an organ donor because I had a tranfusion before blood was tested for CJD thats how serious a risk to people it is Question and yet some firm thinks its fine to buy "meat" that could have anything in it from illegal drugs to serious diseases and feed it to humans Confused
and four is that people have the right to know what they're eating, if you buy a BEEF burger then the only meat in it should be BEEF !
and thats the end of my rant Embarassed Laughing
When the BBQ season comes round if I fancy a burger then I think I'll make my own with the mince we get directly from a local farm Laughing
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
it wouldnt stop me either, my oh worked at a cheese factory as part of his last job and you wouldnt eat cheese if you saw what they did to it, not that its stopped us because i highly doubt what is on the label of anything is true. i have worked in a fast food chain and they things that go on are unbelievable and also in hospital kitchens but i still eat there as i think all things are like this and youd never eat again if you knew what had happened to it.
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
I think you wouldn't eat again if you knew what happens to all your food LOL

My OH painted a sausage factory a couple years back and he said the smell stayed with him for weeks after and it was ages before he could eat sausages again lol x

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am 
Post subject:
See I don't like sausages either Laughing Or fast food Embarassed Laughing
I don't like eating things that aren't actual pieces of meat as any of that stuff thats mushed up and stuck back together has all sorts of stuff in it Laughing , we got a chest freezer and started to buy half pigs and lambs direct from a local farmer who gets them slaughtered locally so we know exactly where its come from and how it was raised ,we get chicken and pieces of beef from him as well.
I have to admit seeing it as a whole half animal (no head or feet though) and having to cut it up myself did put me off a bit at first made me actually think of it as an animal not just meat Confused , but it works out loads cheaper than the supermarket meat about £50 for half a pig whole (or £60 for it jointed)thats about 25-30kg weight Shocked Very Happy we got dozens of huge chops, diced pork ,ribs (proper ones with meat on )and about 5 joints out of that the lambs a bit smaller but still does about 10 different meals though Question , would recommend it to anyone who's not squeemish Laughing
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
ive always made my own burgers as i hate store bought ones.
ive had horsemeat, as well as reindeer and osteritch, i think theres no problem in eating it but it should definately be labelled correctly as i wouldnt like to eat something and found out later its actually something else.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
You make some really good points DL05. Before reading that I wouldn't have been bothered about eating horse meat but everything you said made a lot of sense. In theory I'm not bothered about eating horse meat the same as I'm not bothered about eating beef etc but you're correct in that it should be labelled and about the other issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular