Looking for some hope after embryo transfer, not hopeful

CC78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:15 am 
Post subject: Looking for some hope after embryo transfer, not hopeful
I'm just wondering if any of you have any hope to offer as I am totally devastated this morning. We are 12days after embryo transfer and I was due to test Sunday but woke this morning to some spotting (when I wiped), I just have this horrible feeling its the start of my period. This is our 3rd cycle(though the 1st was abandoned half way through). The 2nd cycle ended just like this with some spotting then full blown period the day before testing. Has anyone experienced spotting at this stage and had a positive outcome? X
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 am 
Post subject:
I only had spotting after my ivf cycle that developed into full af. Are you on any progesterone pessaries? It may be worth calling the clinic as they may suggest upping the dosage. Is it a frozen embryo transfer youve done?
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Yes am on progesterone, it was a fresh cycle we have no frozen embryos unfortunately x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Ahh ok Id definately call the clinic x I'll keep everything crossed for you I know how you must be feeling x
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Thanks nutty I just can't believe having to go through this again, life is so unfair xx
CC78
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
So the light bleeding continued and last night I passed a clot so obviously am thinking its pretty much a certain it's now over. The thing is my period doesn't seem to have got going and I would still only say its now a light bleed. Do you think it's the progesterone just holding it back? Anyone had any experience? Last cycle when I started bleeding before test date it as really heavy and like a full flow period, so strange x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Did you phone your clinic? Would dosage of progesterone are you on? It could well be that your levels arent high enough and thats why you are bleeding. I think you should up the dosage at least until you know whether its a bfn. x
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
They just said to continue with it. Its the crinone gel stuff and just on 1 a day. I do have spare maybe I should do extra one tonight. Due to test in morning anyhow. Not holding out much hope based on fact it was fairly substantial clot, just wish period would start properly! X
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to wish you luck for testing tomorrow. When my cycle failed af came in full flow even while on the progesterone. How many did you have put back? If you had 2, maybe you have just lost one. Fingers crossed for bfp!
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. I do feel I'm clutching at straws because although its not a full flow like last time, similar to what u described its def more than spotting. Had 2 put back so I guess there is a chance of a miracle if one of them has somehow clung on x
CC78
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:
Well its officially a BFN, am gutted x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Im so sorry CC I know how devastated you must feel, we're just embarking on our 3rd round of treatment after 2 bfns and I fully expect a 3rd one xx ((hugs)) x
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. I'm at the stage of just not being able to stop crying. Just wish I knew what was going wrong. Wishing u all best for your 3rd hope its 3rd time luck for u xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular