yellowish nose of my 24 days baby

poliyakudy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:52 am 
Post subject: yellowish nose of my 24 days baby
my 24 days baby girl's upper portion of nose is little yellowish. I have checked the bilirubin and found Total 10.5 and direct 1.0. Is it normal? Should i take her to a doc? My baby was born 20 days before the due date.
123babycakes
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am 
Post subject:
I'm sorry poliyakudy, but I don't understand exactly what you're saying.

I would say that if you are worried about your LO then take her to the doctors, or contact your HV.

Better to get her checked out and put your mind at rest.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
poliyakudy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Sorry 123babycakes,

I wanted to know what is the normal range of bilirubin level for a 24 days old baby who is 20 days premature.

Her bilirubin level is Total 10.5 mg/dL and direct 1.0 mg/dL.
123babycakes
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am 
Post subject:
Sorry ...I have no idea what bilirubin is, have never heard of it.

What country are you in? If you are in the UK why don't you call NHS Direct 0845 46 47. They'll be able to answer your questions, and advise you if you need to see the doctor. I've found them very helpful in the past.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Can I ask how were you able to check bilirubin level without seeing a doctor?
I doubt any normal person will know the answer to your question. You will need to take her to your doctor or health visitor if you are concerned although I'm sure if your baby was jaundiced it would be more than her nose that would be affected.

poliyakudy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
I have tested her blood for the level of bilirubin in a laboratory. The doc told me to test the bilirubin and if it is below 12 no need to worry. But I have read in few articles that the normal level is below 10 (and my baby has 10.5)..and those articles are written by famous neonatologists ...im concerned...

and happy news...nose yellow color is decreased...

@123babycakes...im an Indian.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Almost all babies will get jaundice to some extent,as there livers aren't as good at processing the red blood cells and you get this build up of the waste product (Bilirubin )its a normal thing as long as there levels don't get too high its not a problem, 10.5 isn't considered particularly high , getting your baby out in the daylight for a short while everyday(when its not too hot obviously) will help get rid of it , and being born 20 days before her due date isn't even really considered early so there's no need to worry about that Smile
It can seem to show most on their noses for some reason and sometimes in the whites of their eyes , but if its fading now then thats good Smile xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter was a week early and was quite jaundiced for a couple of weeks after, unless a HV shows particular concern then just try to get her into some sunlight everyday and it should go.

]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular