Sticky Eye

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject: Sticky Eye
Poppy has one sticky gunky eye. We are using the cooled boiled water / fresh cotton wool method and wiping away whenever she is awake but as it is just so weepy this can be every few minutes until it weeps some more. When she wakes up she has the biggest eye bogies and dried green gunk all over. She isn't bothered... but...
Am I over cleaning? Are there any suggestions if there is anything else I could be doing to help?

Thanks xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
If you are breastfeeding then squirt some breastmilk on it. It will clear it up as it's antibacterial. Worked really well for George.
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
I was just going to suggest breast milk. Is it conjunctivitis? She might need something a bit more if its still persistent. I know some adults use milk to bathe it..but I'd check first with a HV or GP x
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies... we are bottle fed here; however she has been to the drs (we all have the sickness and diarrhea and we were worried how poorly she was getting) so OH asked at the same time and have been given some eye drops for possible conjunctivitis. I always thought that conjunctivitis was something you caught so I don;t know where she has got it from!

Thanks again

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular