What's happening??!

leanne17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm 
Post subject: What's happening??!
Hi ladies I had a miscarriage back in 2010 after 2 years TTC, the say I had bleeding and pain my hcg level was 17 and was told it had to be higher than 30 for me to be still carrying, iv just found out that I'm miscarrying again I went for a hcg blood test and it came back as 89, now I'm confused, they did another blood test this morning to see if it has gone up, I'm really confused! Iv been spotting for 3 weeks and wa told as long as I have no pain it's ok, the bleeding got worse but still no pain, this is nothing like my last miscarriage and just wondered if anyone had gone through anything similar after nearly 5 yrs TTC Sad thanks xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry i'm not sure if you mean your levels last time you miscarried were 17 ,or mean it was 17 the first time it was tested and is now 89 Question
Either way though its not the number so much as if there is a fall rather than a rise that they should be looking for, 17 is the sort of level you might expect at around 10-12 DPO so if you were supposed to be past when your AF was due it would be considered low, but by 14 DPO some women will have levels of 100 and some might only have levels of 25 ish Question
A level of 89 on its own doesn't help you out its this level compared to the next one that tells you if you have had another loss, ocassionally levels will still rise for a bit with an incomplete m/c if there is placental tissue left as this is what causes you to produce HCG .
Pain and or bleeding aren't always an indication as you can have neither and have a missed m/c or have both and still be pregnant , as hard as it is I would try to just wait for the results of this blood test to see whats happening , i'm so sorry you're going through this after waiting so long xxx
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i cant help with the levels of hcg but i do know its possible to carry a baby to full term and continue having 'periods' or bleeds, a friend of mine didnt know she was pregnant until she was in labour haha! sorry not much help x
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Is it too early to do a scan to look for a heartbeat?
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Don't give up hope hon. The same thing happened to me. They kept re checking my hcg which kept rising....I now have a fuse month old baby.

They saw the blood and pain and said it was a miscarriage. It was just baby settling in for the next 9 months. They couldn't find a heart beat either for weeks, and everything turned out done. His luck x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular