kids photos on facebook?

jade1985
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject: kids photos on facebook?
over the last week iv been debating whether to take photos of my children off facebook especially now as if a friend likes/comments on your picture all their friends can see it to! it makes me very uncomfortable. My partner thinks im being paranoid what are everyone's views on this??
123babycakes
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
When you post the photos (or you can go back after and change it), there a flag that says who can view it.

If you go back into previous albums it's up on the top right hand corner. If you set it to 'friends' then no-one else but your own friends will see the post. If you mark it as 'public' that's when it'll be shown if someone else likes it or comments on it.

Theres a hoax going across facebook now about privacy settings, similar to what you've just asked.

If you're unsure, go back through every album and make sure it can only be viewed by 'friends'. That will keep you in control of who can view them.

Hope this helps.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
All mine are set as friends only and some even groups only.
Itll show on other non-friends if you have it se at 'friend of friends'
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
iv got it set on friends only but was told if someone likes or comments on it that it still shows on that little side bar. its a relief to hear thats not true! although still am debating taking their photos down! how well do we really know everyone on our facebook!
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
It doesn't really bother me. I don't see what harm somebody seeing a picture of your child could do. Mine are all friends only too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular