DD had a fall today, worried

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject: DD had a fall today, worried
Hi,

Today while i was at work, my mum had my DD for a wee while. Said she was trying to run while holding a small stone and fell. She had a small cut on her lip which bled a little but not much. Also noticed some scrapes on her finger but not bad scrapes.

She has cut her lip once before quite badly and quite rightly cried. But today was a little bit more upset than the last time. We gave her Calpol as she was unsettled. At bedtime we put her in the bath as her fingernails were quite dirty with mud( couldnt get confince her to go for a bath before then).

While in the bath i noticed on the finger with the scrape, the nail appeared bruised, when i turned her hand over, the top bit of her finger looked blue and bruised and slightly swollen. She wont let me touch her finger. She can make a fist so dont think its broken.

Any ideas?
KathG
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 am 
Post subject:
awww wee lamb, hope she feels better today. I would maybe call NHS 24 and see what they suggest.

[/url]
fletchie
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

Yea think i mite get some medical advice. The father in law looked at it and doesnt like the look of it. Agrees that the finger has swelled up. She has a condition called Hypermobility which causes her joints to be a lot more flexible than they should be.

My main worry of taking her to a out of hours GP is that the couple of times we have seen a out of hours GP, he is useless. She has had an infected toe which was causing her lots of pain and the other time she had been coughing for at least 3 weeks and both times he did nothing. Could try and get an appointment with her named doctor tmorr. This doctor is well aware of her condition so would save me having to explain things.

The finger only seems to be causing her pain when we draw attention to it or touch it.

Her condition makes her joints so flexible that she can get herself into some weird postion that alone look sore to anyone else but to her there is no pain.
LouiseP84
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hya. Just reading your post and wondered what the outcome was? X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular