So upset that I have to go to my scan alone :(

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:46 pm 
Post subject: So upset that I have to go to my scan alone :(
So my daughters nursery decided to all of a sudden tell me the day before that there is a ttd!!! So [*@!#%*] off as the hospital have said I'm not allowed to bring ava which means oh has to stay at home. I'm just upset because it feels the more this pregnancy progresses the more im doing it alone. I just think [*CENSORED*] it! I'll give birth alone as well. Just cant stop crying now Crying or Very sad

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Would youtr OH have been going with you anyway?
They cant refuse you if you can't find other childcare options.
Besides you can all go! My son and OH came with me, they waited outside whilst all the measurement s were done then they called them in whilst they announced the sex and they got to see baby on screen too. X
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Smile

Last edited by Zee81 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Smile

Last edited by Zee81 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh oh had booked the day off especially. the hospital said on the phone they would have to wait outside. I just dont see the point in them both travelling all that way to be told to sit outside, our hospital is an hour away..

We already know the sex too. I'm upset that oh is being so casual about it like it doesnt matter as he can look at pics after. So annoyed.. Oh well, im just going to use it as an excuse to go shopping and treat myself after. At least that way I can make a day of it Laughing

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Aw that sucks Sad Is there definitely know one who can watch your LO while you have your scan? Perhaps your OH is being casual because he doesnt want to upset your further... xxx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
Omg sorry about all the extra posts..its this stupid phone Rolling Eyes
Hes probably being casual cos you already know the sex so its kinda lost some of the magic from a blokes point of view.
Have you no family or friends that would go.. I know its not the same but at least you get to share the experience with someone.
Enjoy the shopping trip after though x
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Nope, there's nobody who can have her at such short notice. I dont really have much family either. So annoyed at her nursery as its not on the term timetable or anything, they just put a sign up on the front door this morning saying its closed tomorrow Mad

I'm not as upset as I was earlier. Still annoyed as I want oh to bond with baby, feels like im the only one is excited about her, defo think she will be a mummy's girl at this rate lol but that's the way I like it tbf lol xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
My OH was the same. He just didnt seem as interested as he did with our first..dont get me wrong he adores her but he doesnt seem to get as involved as he did with the first. Wonder if its that 'been there got the t shirt!' Sad
Good luck anyway. Is it tomorrow?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh tomorrow at 2! I'm still really excited even though I'm going it alone, cant wait to see her again.. I'll just get him some pics and if he wants to look then he can I guess Laughing xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject:
How did your scan go? Did anyone go with you in the end? There are lots of other ways to bond, I found that hearing the heartbeat for the first time knocked my first scan out of the water, its funny how different things have different effects. Being able to hear my baby was a much stronger sensory bond than seeing him/her on screen Smile xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
No nobody came with me in the end and the scan was pretty rubbish, didnt get to see baby once and they didnt even give me a decent pic. Just told me baby was a healthy baby girl and sent me on my way, was a bit upset but then I though oh well good job I paid for the private scan at 16 weeks as I got some pictures that are probably better than the nhs and I got a dvd of the scan to watch over and over so its not all doom and gloom lol still would have been nice to see her one more time before her birthday Rolling Eyes

But all is well and she is still a little girl and on top of that all seems really healthy xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Aw bless you Sad I'm glad all was ok though, its a shame they treated you the way they did though, are they always like that at that hospital?xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
No got to watch the whole thing at 12 weeks, it was a guy who scanned me this time though so perhaps thats why, wasnt very nice at all, when I asked to see baby he said i could at the end and when the end came he simply just turned the screen around briefly at a freeze shot of her spine and that was it.. I feel to complain but I probably wouldn't get anywhere.. So glad I'm having a home birth, nothing will make me have her in hospital if that's the way they treat patients. It annoyed me that they wouldnt let oh and dd come in the first place.. so angry they didnt make the effort to get a decent picture when I know they could have. grrrr so angry thinking about it. Evil or Very Mad xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
thats shocking!! in birmingham when i have to go there they have a screen for the doctor and one above the bed for you to watch its a shame not all hospitals can afford these x
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular