Don't know what to do!!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject: Don't know what to do!!
My son has just gone four. He was potty trained during the day from 2ys old. He was very ready and was done in a week.
Although night times is a different matter. Upto last yr 3.5yrs old, he was in pullups there were occasions where he was waking up dry..so we praised him and said giw grown up he was. It was still a bit hit and miss but xmas we (including my son) decided that we were giving the pullups to santa for the little kids and he'd wear underpants at night.
Wee's on the potty at bedtime then again when we went to bed then he'd wake at 5am and go himself.

Onky now this past couple of weeks hes reverting back. I dont kbow what to do Sad we're changing the bed 2 and 3times a night. .duvet and pillows too.
But its like its not even registering that his pant are wet even when he gets up. I have to tell him he has wet pants and to take them off Confused
Please help Sad he's perfect through the day and hasnt had an accident for abiut 1.5yrs.
Should I go back to pull ups at night. I worry that the wet beds are going to knock his confidence Crying or Very sad
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
yeah I would go back to pull ups at night. He is obviously not ready, bless him, and you cant be changing the bed three four times a night - thats not fair on you or him. Put him back in pull ups and all get a good nights sleep. He is still young, if I remember right bed wetting at night is considered "normal" until seven or eight. I know people (my sister being one) who werent dry through the night until about six. And they are now completely normal non- bed wetting adults. So dont stress he will get there, he is still young.

I would still praise him and make sure he doesnt "feel bad" that he is back in pull ups.

[/url]
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply. I think we'll do that. Spoke to the OH and he said the same..its not fair on him to be disrupted all the time Sad
I suppose I just felt he should be toilet trained at night as hes been toilet trained during the day for so long now. Suppose it'll come in time. Thanks again x
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
what about putting him on the toilet when you go to bed even though hes asleep he should wee i did this with my girls for the first few nights and if i stayed up late id put them on a few times and they seemed to be ok then xx
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Weve been doing that but hes still wet. He used to get u p at 5 am a go potty but hes suddenly stopped doing that Confused Even this morning he was wet at 6am stripped bed and then he was wet again by 7.30...even though he'd weed on the 12 potty Sad
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Could it be little ladie's arrival throwing him out a little? Sophia didn't get potty trained till after josh was born, but she did regress a bit for a while but then came out of it,it could just be a reaction to having a sister now? Sorry, not sure what to do bout it, poor pickle man,hopefully get back to normal sooin. X
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I agree its prob tillys arrival setting him back. We were going to try training Alfie before the baby comes as he's showing a few signs but the Hv mentioned he might regress once she arrives and it might knock his confidence so I thought I'm just gonna leave it until closer to his birthday. Maybe go back to pull ups for a while and try again in the summer? X

[/url]
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Im in the same boat, Sam was dry in the day early really easily, but still not dry at night. She went through a stage of waking up for a wee, but then stopped.

I get her up when I go to bed, and she usually manages to stay dry 2-3 days Sad Fingers crossed the last few days she has been waking up early and going to the toilet then back to bed as I think she was wetting just before she got up,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular