diarrhea

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject: diarrhea
Craig has been having very loose stools since Sunday.
For about 9 months he has been on a dose of movicol every 3 days due to constipation. Last week I stopped it to see how he got on and was struggling to go within 2 days so I had him back on it. I gave him a dose on Sunday morning and that afternoon was his first loose poo. I haven't gave him any since but the same happened yesterday. It was just one bowel movement each day and he was fine the rest of the day and no other symptoms.
But today they are even more watery and he has done 2 in as many hours so it seems to be getting worse.
Sorry for tmi but they are pretty explosive and smelly.
He seems to have gone from one extreme to the other. Anyone any advice?

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
could be a bit of a bug. sam had 2 really loose poo's on saturday and keeps complaining of tummy ache (but not too bad to stop her playing and eating Laughing ) and has been fine since.

I wouldnt stop the movicol, I would reduce the doseage so his body slowly adjusts to it.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 am 
Post subject:
No advice on the explosions sorry but did just want to comment about his constipation.....have you found it's hindering his toilet training?

My LO is exactly the same as Craig, been on Movicol for about 12 months now (doc first said to give her one everyday at first then every few days to keep her regular but she dries up as soon as I stop)and I'm now finding that she won't poo on the toilet at all! I've tried EVERYTHING to get her to go but she insists on having a nappy or pull-up on. I think its because she'll sit on the loo for ages and because she struggles with going so much she can't actually get anything out while sitting on the loo, she has to be standing if that makes sense??

I'm at my wits end with it all to be honest, she's so good with regards to going the loo for a wee and doesn't have many accidents but last week in nursery she wet herself 3 times trying so hard to hold in the poo because she wasn't wearing a pull-up Crying or Very sad

xx
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks steph, I thought I would have to wean him off but the paediatrician has said to just stop it without coming off it slowly.

Lilly, the constipation actually stopped me from attempting potty training for ages but I was trying a couple weeks ago then had to give it a break cos I can't get them to actually sit on the toilet or potty at all without them getting really upset. I dunno if the issues with pooing have maybe got something to do with that now that you mention it though x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular