can anybody tell me...

callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject: can anybody tell me...
im going for my first visit to the midwife next thursday im 5 weeks gone and i really want to know what kinda stuff will go on the only thing i know of is that well make an appointment for my 10 week scan. so if anyone could tell me that'd be fab xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,
At mines she did my weight, height and blood pressure then filled out some of the info in the maternity notes that they give you. She might ask you about family history of any illnesses or conditions and go through some of the things you can't do or eat. She might give you some leaflets or info on breastfeeding, blood tests at 16 weeks for downs syndrome etc.
Go in with a list of questions you want to ask and if you have a partner ask if it's ok for him to go in too as my husband liked being able to ask his own questions as well.
Hope it goes all well,
Claire xxx
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
ah right thanks
xxxx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
i second what cjarchibald has said. They will also talk about smoking cessation - if you smoke. Where you want to have babe and the type of pain relief that is avaliable you. She will also need a urine sample from you, so take 1 with you or dont go the toilet too soon before you go, and she will also take blood from you to see what blood group yu are, whether your immune to Rubella and see if you have HIV.
Your dating scan will be about 4 weeks after the appointment.

Its a good idea that you take a list of questions, the appointments usually about 40 minutes.

Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular