How long does the clingy stage last?

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 am 
Post subject: How long does the clingy stage last?
Alex is going through another clingy stage when dropping off at nursery, its been going on for about 2 weeks now, he had one of these stages when he first swapped nursery and I can 't for the life of me remember how long it lasted (he was of course a few months younger then), he's 19 months now.

If your lo's have suddenly had one of these out of the blue how long did it last. He is perfectly happy once we've gone (little terrors that they are pulling on the heart strings Rolling Eyes )

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 am 
Post subject:
charlie did it at his old nursery but he only went once a week for a couple of hours (he was slightly older 2.5?) and he did it for a few weeks but each week got easier? he did it to me the other week as well but by the end of the week he was fine.. x
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 am 
Post subject:
Sebastian was like this last year with his new nursery. He went one full day a week and would cry and cling to me when I dropped him off but it wasn't until his very last day that he stopped and went in happily Rolling Eyes Was about 3 months in total and the only time he was clingy. I'm dreading it once I find him a new nursery that I want to put him in but they are just way too expensive in Woking

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am 
Post subject:
lysianassa wrote:
Sebastian was like this last year with his new nursery. He went one full day a week and would cry and cling to me when I dropped him off but it wasn't until his very last day that he stopped and went in happily Rolling Eyes Was about 3 months in total and the only time he was clingy. I'm dreading it once I find him a new nursery that I want to put him in but they are just way too expensive in Woking

Nursery's are HUGELY expensive, mine is over 800 a month (fulltime), jeesh and with No 2 on the way,yikes hardly makes working worth it and I'm on a good salary comparitively to national average Sad

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Tell me about it - I went to one nursery and it was going to charge us £76 per day! Shocked No way will my OH agree to that.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
I hope the clingy stage hurries and goes! I'm sick of Lola being stuck to my leg, I miss my happy confident baba Sad
She's with a child minder and she's fine when I leave her xx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Jamie has been like it since Christmas. Doesn't even want Daddy when his at home. I'm hoping it will pass soon because its starting to drive me mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular