What are your plans for valentines day?

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject: What are your plans for valentines day?
Hello everyone! Very Happy Hope your all well Smile

Just wondered what everyones plans are for valentines day? If any? Or dont you really bother with it?

OH is paying for me to have my hair done, cut and coloured which I cant wait as its not been done for a good 6 months Shocked So it'll be lovely!
Also going to have a nice night in together, home-cooked meal (3-courses - bruschetta with caramelised onion and goats cheese OR garlic mushrooms.... followed by steak, half tomato, onion rings, homemade chips, garlic bread... and a nice pudding to finish! maybe some yummy thorntons chocs! )

Last year our daughter was 4 weeks old... and we spent valentines night taking it in turns with her as she was very colicky and screamed for 6 solid hours Shocked
So going to really enjoy this year Smile
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Aww that sounds lovely.

I will be home alone but my husband doesn't do valentines day anyway (he is not at all romantic).

Chocolates sound yummy might have to buy myself some and indulge.

Have a lovely day and night.
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
We don't really do anything for valentines day. Maybe a card but that's it. It's my birthday this Wednesday so I think it's a bit much to expect my OH to get me something for two occasions in just over a week lol x

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
We usually just get a card for valentines day. Our anniversary of the date we got together is the 16th so we usually celebrate that instead when everything isn't busy and overpriced. I've had a look online tonight though at my favourite restaurant and it's already booked up for that night Sad.

Reading about your meal though Tessytoo, I might have to get OH to cook me something tasty Smile.

Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee wrote:
Aww that sounds lovely.

I will be home alone but my husband doesn't do valentines day anyway (he is not at all romantic).

Chocolates sound yummy might have to buy myself some and indulge.

Have a lovely day and night.

Thankyou!

And I say go for it! Indulge in some yummy choccies !! Very Happy
Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
xxHeathxx wrote:
We usually just get a card for valentines day. Our anniversary of the date we got together is the 16th so we usually celebrate that instead when everything isn't busy and overpriced. I've had a look online tonight though at my favourite restaurant and it's already booked up for that night Sad.

Reading about your meal though Tessytoo, I might have to get OH to cook me something tasty Smile.

yes, get OH to cook something yummy! Me and OH always just have a lovely meal in, we never go out for valentines, just enjoy a night in together (as that doesnt happen often so its nice to make an extra special effort Love
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
Nothing, we don't usually bother anymore -just get each other cards and cook a nice meal.

Im going to make him a card though like i did for his birthday.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm 
Post subject:
We just do cards as its the partners birthday Sad
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 am 
Post subject:
To me valentines day is just a commercial holiday created by companies to make more money out of people. Dan and I do not need a specific day to show how much we love each other x
This is my person opinion and I am not setting out to offend anyone btw x

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 am 
Post subject:
Ben's taking me out for a posh lunch whilst Izzy is at nursery on the 13th (we're teachers so we're on half term). On Valentine's Day, my best friend and I are going to see 'The Gruffalo's Child' (it was her birthday present for Izzy) and then she's babysitting whilst Ben and I go to the cinema. We don't usually worry too much about presents but it never hurts to have an excuse to have a nice meal for a treat! x
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 am 
Post subject:
We just usually do cards and thats about it, im not really a big fan of valentines day.. I would rather make a big deal of our anniversary. We always do something for that.

We will probably get some sweets in and watch some films which will be nice xx

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
EmzandFlick wrote:
To me valentines day is just a commercial holiday created by companies to make more money out of people. Dan and I do not need a specific day to show how much we love each other x

This is exactly how I see it.....we don't even bother with cards anymore, it just seems so daft! I always think of it as a 'teenage' kind of thing, young love haha!

Again, this is just my opinion and not meant to offend!

xx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
EmzandFlick wrote:

i am with you on this one i dont do valentines, my husband and i have a few spa weekends away a year where we indulge!

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
nothing usually just exchange cards and share a box of choccys haha its his mum & dads birthday on the 14th !! (weird i know) & their anniversary so we usually just celebrate that instead x
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
my OH will be working as usual but i know he has the weekend off for once after valentines day so we will probably go to the cinema and a meal then or something along the lines of that Smile xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular