October 2013 mummies.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm 
Post subject: October 2013 mummies.
Hello everyone.

Cant see an October post yet so thought id start one.
I got my BFP 2day (and the past 4 days Smile ) By my dates it makes me due October 14th.

Any other October mummies out there?

My name is Emma and im 28 and live in Cornwall. I already have 1 beautiful little girl who is 2 and im very much looking forward to making her a big sister.

Due dates for October Mums

Poppytots Sept 24th

Pumpkin80 Oct 1st

Maiyasmummy Oct 10th

Mummy2010 Oct 12th

Emmie02 Oct 12th

April Oct 22nd

Dlovebabiest Oct 22nd (est)

Tashuur

NDS NOW DUE 6TH NOV

Last edited by emmie02 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Congrats Emma, hopefully I shall be an October mummy too Smile I am 6 weeks 4 days I think, so due on 1st Oct or thereabouts. There was an October Mummies post on here which I replied to but its gone now... Very nervous about this pregnancy as we miscarried in Sept last year, so taking it very easy.

Do you have any symptoms yet? I have very very sore boobs, bloated and queasy and tired too.

Are you telling anyone yet? I have told our parents but that's because I had to stop going to an exercise class with my Mom due to M/C last year, but shes sworn to secrecy, almost let the cat out of the bag a few times but dont want to tell anyone until our scan xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations to you too. Wow the first Oct, you could end up being a Sept mummy then!

Ive not told any family yet. Ive told one very good friend, shes on here so would of seen it anyway even if i didnt tell her Laughing her and her hubby have been told not to say anything as we want to be the ones to tell people after the scan. I may let my mum know b4 though.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hoping this one is a sticky bean.

Ive been feeling very tired and finding myself wanting to eat more often. Not really had any morning sickness, just the odd day when i felt i needed to eat right away or i may start to feel sick. I did have sore boobs to begin with but that was prob more to do with the fact i kept poking and prodding them to see if they were sore that i actually made them sore. Laughing

Ive found i'm more nervous this time around, its very odd.

Have booked to see your midwife yet? Ive got to phone my Drs yet to see if they want to see me fiRst or if i can just book to see the midwife.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
I doubt it will come in Sept, my first was very late and despite losing waters I have to be induced a number of times Laughing

I felt awful yesterday and again at the same time this afternoon, I also need to snack to avoid nausea, unfortunately I have a longer gap between meals on the weekend, and I think thats done it for me, had to stand in the rain today!!

I have changed docs and have an appointment for a 'health review' on Weds so obviously going to tell them then, however my local surestart centre offer booking appointments and I used them last time so I might book in with them to save going to the local hospital Wink xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
My sure start centre has midwife too but wasnt sure if i used them if id see the same one all the time.

Ive just hanged Drs too and havent had a "health review" may be i should phone up and ask them about that, im sure when i filled in the forms it said id get one- that was almost 4 months ago!

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
I think it depends on the surgery you register with.

During my first pg I saw the midwife at the surestart centre and it was always the same one, I never met the midwife at my local doctors as they kept cancelling my appointment or sending a temp in, thats why I got fed up and jumped at the chance of going to the centre instead Very Happy

Had my health check today and they said to ask about the midwife at reception which I did, they booked me in for tomorrow Shocked With my first I didnt see the midwife prior to the booking app, I'm worried I have jumped the gun now booking in with the midwife straight away...!

Never mind, I'm sure it will be fine Very Happy

So its just us 2 in the October club at the moment then... When I was on the forum ttc and pg with my first, it seemed so much busier on here, perhaps its just me Rolling Eyes xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Wow 2moro!

With Belle i only saw the midwife at the booking appointment. I might wait till nxt week and pop in to book for about 8 weeks. Hope 2 weeks is enough notice when you live in a small village.

There is another lady i know due in October but she wanted to wait a while before joining us. She was worried about jinxing it.

When i had Belle there was loads of Sept mummies, although i never really joined the group as i only discovered it at the end and felt a bit odd joining as i felt everybody "knew" each other already.

How have you been feeling? Im soooo tired all of the time that ive been having naps while Belle has hers- i hope she carries on wanting them. Laughing
Im still weeing loads too. I cant remember how long all of this lasts (how bad is that Laughing )

I go a dvd from love film the other day called "what to expect when your expecting workout" ive only done a bit of it and feel very silly doing it. Although i felt good afterwards. When pg with Belle i worked long hours and was on my feet all day, now im a bit of a couch potato. Laughing

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I feel a bit silly now seeing the midwife tomorrow, I am only 7 weeks, oh well Rolling Eyes

I tried to book my booking appointment with my local surestart centre but they are all booked up until 6th March so I am going to use the midwife appointment tomorrow to see where I stand, I would rather not have to take time off work to go to it as I'm only part time and I really dont want people asking questions... Plus I dont want to book a precious half day just for something I could legitimately take time off for, phew, glad I got that off my chest Laughing Laughing

I was in a May mummies group on here with my first, lets hope we are the first of many October mummies!!!

I have been feeling nauseous, usually when I'm at work or on a weekend though, must be my routine, and I am very very moody!!! Its quite cathartic actually Laughing Also tired like you, I have found myself dropping off when Eleri has managed to have a sleep, but unfortunately its not very often she sleeps in the day now Rolling Eyes I remember being very tired in the first trimester but it did go after then.

My nausea lasted quite a while with my first, I used to dry heave alot too, which was embarrassing as it used to happen at the checkout in the supermarket and when walking down a street etc Embarassed I think people thought I was a drunk as I obviously wasnt showing then!!xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
How did you get on at your midwife appointment? Was it a booking in one or just a hi im pregnant" one?

I think i was 7 weeks and a few days when i had my booking in with Belle. I must pop into the Dr 2moro and ask them if they want me to see Dr first.

Have you told anyone else yet apart from your mum? I may let my mum now after ive seen the midwife.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, the appointment went well thanks, they do things differently now, so it was sort of a 'pre-booking appointment' they took my bloods and explained the Downs Screening at the first scan, booked my booking appointment and also my first scan!!! My scan in on March 18th I should be 11 weeks and 6 days by then, so should be able to see a fair bit Very Happy I dont have my booking appointment until the Weds before the scan!

I haven't told anyone else yet, although now I have seen the midwife its feels more real and I know I will find it hard t keep it in until after the scan, but I will, I really dont want people to know and plus having this forum helps as you can still chat about it and get things off your chest Wink

Had to choose which hospital I labour in today as well, they have changed things slightly since last time and its going to be a right hassle to go to the one I want to now, so I have settled for a quieter, slightly more old fashioned place instead of where I had my first.

When are you seeing the midwife? Have you booked an appointment yet? Getting a little worried about the birth now as I had a hard time with my first, I guess its only natural though now things are seeming a bit more real xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry its a long one Laughing

Scan booked already! I bet that makes it seem more "real" for you now.

I would have thought they would have given you your booking in appointment when you went yesterday, seems a bit odd to have to go back (and only a few days b4 your scan as well )

I phoned my Drs today to see if they wanted to see me first i was told the Dr would ring back. He did about an hour later and was very nice. Said Congratulations. We just had a quick chat on the phone rather than waste both r time by me going in. He just asked when my last period was and if i was fit and well and taking folic acid.
He told me he'd pop a note on for the midwife to ring me to arrange an appointment as she only works there 1 day a week. He has said id prob have to wait until 10 weeks to see her Shocked Im worried now that i wont get my scan booked in time, with Belle i saw mw at about 7 weeks but my scan wasnt until 14 weeks!! Hope there isnt that long to wait this time or id be about 17 weeks!

He scared me a little coz he said " well most things go wrong by then thats why we wate for 10 weeks" As if im not worried enough i dont want a Dr telling me stuff like that and making me feel worse. Sad

Where do you live? They seem to be far me efficient there.

Im guessing you have a few hospitals near you to chose from. I think from goggling there only seems to be 1 hospital in this part of Cornwall Shocked but im sure thats wrong. I hope so anyway. I have fears of phoning up and being told "sorry no beds as everyone else in Cornwall is in the" Laughing Im sure my nearest cant b 45 mins away. Its putting me off a home birth coz if something went wrong we'd be soooo far away.

I havent told anyone else yet either, like you said its nice having this forum so you can talk to people.

What was your labour like with your first then?
Mine was fine apart from the crappy midwife giving me an episiotomy with NO pain relief even though i asked her not to, then the cow cut me twice!!!! all coz she "thought" i was going to tear! I still have nightmares about it and can still hear the sound of the scissors cutting me. Im now petrified of it happening again. I gonna have it in my notes that under no circumstances r scissors aloud anywhere near me!! Laughing

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Oh dear, that doc sounds a bit insensitive!!! I can see what they mean but there are ways be being tactful about it!!!

I live in Worcestershire, I have hospitals to choose from, but could go to one in another district but I have to travel there for all scans and consultant appointment (which is where I wanted to go) but it would mean doing all my bloods again and re-booking my scan, so I think I will stay put.

Did you have your first elsewhere? I guess being in Cornwall you dont have much choice where you go Rolling Eyes

My first labour was horrendous, long story short I had a terrible midwife TWICE, I was there for so long that she finished her shift and came back on and finished again and finally got a lovely midwife and student but they finished their shift before I had DD!! Shocked The horrid midwife hooked my oxytocin drip up incorrectly and noone noticed until the change over, I only ever got to 4cm (I was 4cm for 36 hours) before they decided baby was in distress and I needed an emergency c-section (and that was decided by a new consultant after a shift change over, the previous one knew baby was in distress with contractions but kept saying to wait). I kept telling the midwives the baby was too big and I couldnt bring the baby, in theatre the surgeons and midwives were are shocked to discover that she was 9lb 6oz and I'm only 5ft tall.

I was completely out of it and the following few days after I had her were awful, I was in such a daze and kept falling asleep when the consultants and midwives were talking to me. I fell over in the shower afterwards and put body lotion on my hair instead on shampoo Shocked Shocked (that bit is at least a bit funny Laughing ) I was in a post-natal ward with 3 other women who didnt speak to me once and hubby was a nightmare, didnt turn up until hours and hours after he could of come (he over-slept) so I am a little apprehensive to say the least about this labour and birth. The post-natal care was awful, no-one told me where to get food from (I couldnt walk either so I was bedridden for a while).

Ugh, forgot how horrible it was Shocked I hope this time it isnt so bad.

I dont blame you about the scissors, how awful, I think I would have nightmares about that too... I think this time I will be more assertive about what I want and dont want Wink xxx

dlovebabiest
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies I just found out I was pregnant because AF is never late and this month she didnt show, YaY! I saw my doctor and she did a pregnancy confirmation and gave me an Oct 22 due date =). Now I am super excited and it feels so real. I have my first official prenatal appointment in a week and I hope it all goes well. This is would be my first and is actually really nice considering me and my DH just got married 12 12 12. I am not sure what to expect so I am hoping you ladies could help me thru this. I told my immediate family just because that is the kind of family we are and I feel it is easier to lean on them then do it alone. I am about 4 and a half weeks now and I am praying for a happy and healthy 9 months.
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi dlovebabiest congratulations!
We can defo help you with this having both been there b4.

I still have to wait for Midwife to ring me. You are both going to have seen yours before i get t see mine.

Poppytots, that sounds like a horrible experience, i hope this time around its much easier for you.

Yeah i had Belle somewhere else as we lived in Salisbury, Wiltshire then. I had a bad after birth experience with Belle, i was left on labour ward all night as there was no beds. They told me at 7 in the morning i could go home but then nobody came to do it until 5pm! I had 2 friends on the ward who got to go home at 9am so i know they forgot i was there (prob coz i didnt make any fuss) I actually kind of glad im not having this one at Sailsbury tbh.

Im starting to worry a bit now coz i dont seem to have any symptoms. Im still feeling tired (but that could be due to having a toddler) im no longer having little cramping feelings (well the odd one or 2)and the little sickness i did have has now passed. Im not sure if im peeing lots any more, it could just be ive gotten so use to going Laughing My boobs r starting to feel like they are filling out though. Im still getting positive test results... yes im still doing the odd test Laughing the line has deffo gotten darker so i guess thats good.

How about you guys? r u still feeling pregnant?

D u think i should see a Dr and ask for a blood test? Im much more paranoid this time around and i don't know why.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations dlovebabyst!!! Will be happy to help you through Smile
And congrats on your wedding too!!

I'm not telling anyone yet as i'm not quite ready yet and waiting for my scan to confirm everything is ok, we told family and close friends earlier with our first, its whatever works for you Wink also im avoiding all the questions and presumptions people have, once you preggo you are public property to all and sundry, and everyone has an opinion on what you should feel etc!

Emmie, I wouldn't worry about the symptoms, mine are stronger than with my first, and some ladies dont have symptoms at all. Sickness and nausea doesnt usually start until 6 weeks ish and neither so most other symptoms really Smile

:-)im guessing I should add a pregnancy ticker, not felt ready to do that yet though... Might wait gill tuesday as another week will have passed then lol !!!

There arnt many oct mommies yet? Hopefully somemore will join us soon x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular