October 2013 mummies.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no!!! I know a few children who have had it, most symptoms are sores in the mouth, difficulty eating/swallowing etc, and general feeling of being unwell. I would call your midwife tomorrow to check the risks, I'm sure you will be fine, but better to check xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Midwife rang me back yesterday and said she thinks i will be fine as it was last week i saw them. She said it would only really be an "issue" if i got it just b4 baby was due as you can pass it on. She also said as am over 12 weeks shes happy to say we would be fine.

Poppytots have you got your 20 week scan booked yet?
Im waiting for my date to arrive. Ive no idea how long it will take, where i lived b4 you had to book it after you had your first scan. I just hope they give me a date at the end of May when i know my sister is visiting me so she can look after Belle as ive been told she wont be able to coe to the 20 week one Sad I really wanted her there so she can ask if its a brother or sister. She loved being at the scan on monday, infact yesterday she asked to go see the baby again. I told her we couldnt and she said, "just put some cream on your tummy mummy and i can she baby" Laughing Funny how little minds work.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Not long until your scans!
When weve got a few more due dates from scans i will put a list on the first post i did so u can see when everybodys due date is and what they are/ think they are having.

Anyone any ideas yet? I havent any ideas yet, still getting use to the fact there IS a baby Laughing

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Oh good, glad the midwife had some assurance for you Smile

My 20 week scan got booked at my dating scan, its 9th May, so 4 weeks tomorrow Shocked I had my 16 week appointment this morning and got to hear the baby's heartbeat or 'Heartbeep' as DD says Laughing MW said the heartbeat is nice and strong but I bet she says that to all the expectant mothers Laughing I'm not seeing my midwife until 28 weeks now which seems like a long time but I have a consultant appointment and GP before then.

Emmie, ref your 20 week scan, how far will you be when your sister arrives? I negotiated my date to fit in with childcare so I'm sure you will be able to sort something out xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone sorry ive not been on ive been super buisy. Glad your scan went well emmie and its a fab pic too. Poppytops I bet you loved hearing the hb its soo reasurring.

Ive pretty much lost all my pregnancy symptoms now so im a bit worried. My 12 week scan isnt untill monday, I feel miles behind you two. I also had a tiny bit of blood again last week after going to the loo, I hope I dont get bleeding all the way through.
Xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi April, its normal for your symptoms to have gone by now. I was so convinced that there was no baby as i had felt "normal" for a few weeks.

Did you inform your midwife/doctor about the bleed? I hope all will be well. I had bleeding at weeks 9 10 an 12 with Belle.

Poppytots my sister will be here in my 20th week so i just hope the appointment wont b the week b4, i shall just phone and rearrange it if it is.

Got my owns results back today and its nice and low 1 in 7947. I never had a downs test with Belle and have no idea what made me have it this time around. I just thought id be in "low" dint realise they give you a 1 in whatever chance as well.

Im sure ive been feeling little Boo moving but surely its too early for this?

I told a friend about being pregnant, i was so scared to tell her as i know she is desperate for another but her partner has said NO. Shes been getting very depressed about it. Shes even been sneaky an come off the pill to try and say it was an "accident" but has had no luck he partner found out and went mad. Im so worried that by me being pregnant she gonna start on at her partner again an cause arguments. (it happened when another friend of ares had her 2nd baby and her surprise 3rd both last yr)

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
April, losing your symptoms is completely normal, as Emmie said I lost mine around 9 weeks and totally freaked out convincing myself something was wrong, but low and behold there was a little baby in there kicking away!! When is your due date April? Have you spoken to the MW about the bleed? Lots of women bleed during pregnancy, so I'm sure you are fine, best to get the reassurance though Wink

I'm feeling baby now and have been since around 14 weeks so you could be Very Happy Glad to hear you are in the low risk group for the Downs syndrome testing, I don't remember having this either with DD, I just assumed I had, I have a copy of my notes somewhere so shall check Wink

I understand you would be worried about telling your friend, I would feel the same, but you can still be there to support her regardless. I think its pretty irresponsible of her to come off the pill and not tell her bf, I would never do that as I wouldnt want it done to me, in my opinion it can only end in tears (seen it happen to friends and family in the past...)

Had a few unpleasent pains today, just like the ones I had when I miscarried Sad I wonder if I have had a burst cyst again as it was a possibility that the pain was that last time and the mc just followed... It seems to have eased a bit now and taking it easy xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 am 
Post subject:
Hi, no I havnt told my mw about the bleed, I would have normally told my gp but she would just book me for a scan and ive already had two at 7 and 10 weeks so I dont want to keep bothering them, and i have my 12week scan on monday when ill be 12+6. The bleeding was just a tiny bit mixed with cm my mw said no sex untill 12 weeks and i might have an irritable cervix at my booking appt.
Im still feeling tired and needing a half hour nap in the afternoon. My due date is the 22nd but it might change on monday.

Its so exciting that your both feeling baby move, I didn't feel anything with my son untill 16weeks and that was only once and then they started more regular about 18weeks but they do say you feel them earlier with your second.

I hope your pains ease off completely hun im sure baby is fine x

Pumpkin80
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I'm due 1st October according to 1st scan (my dates put me a few days before that though) This is my 1st pregnancy and so it's all new to me.
Had no symptoms at all, no sickness etc, just been tired, but in last few days ive had a pulling sensation a few times, and tightening when i cough or stretch, is this normal?
Had nuchal translucency scan on 25th march but had no results back yet. The midwife taking my blood after scan said 7-10 days for results by phone if a high risk or a letter in 2-3 weeks if low risk. I'm starting to worry now! (I'm a worrier anyway!) Saw midwife for 16 week check on Friday, only measured blood pressure but said it was fine.
Good luck everyone.
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Scan tomorrow April in case you had forgotten Laughing Laughing I hope all goes well for you, I'm sure it will, keep us posted!!

Hi Pumpkin and welcome to October mummies!! I thought I was due 1st/2nd Oct but they put me forward a week so I'm due the 24th Sept now Very Happy The pulling sensation is totally normal, form around 13 weeks your ligaments around your ever expanding uterus and stretching which is what the pulling/sharp pain sensation is. I found if I turned over sharply in bed, got up from my chair too quickly and walking fast brought it on. re your downs testing, I would take the delay as positive, did you bring it up at your 16 week check? I was told if I didnt hear anything within 3 weeks to call the maternity ward as the local hospital, I wouldnt know of the routine where you are so best ask your midwife Smile

My little one headbutted my bump yesterday, total panic as I'm rhesus negative, it wasn't that hard but it made me yelp in shock and I felt sick afterwards.... I have to pain in the right hand side (she bumped my left side) which is making me paranoid but I guess its just the pain from my ovary perhaps that I was getting before I fell pg...

Still not found a name for bump yet, sorted out all of my maternity wear, I forgot how comfortable it is, Aaaaa stretchy waistbands and soft fabrics Laughing xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck with your scan 2moro April. You will be the same far along as me when i had my scan 12+6, i was then put forward to 13+2.

Hi Pumpkin and Welcome to October mummies!

By my dates my Boo was due Oct 15th/16th but scan has put me to Oct 12th. It was exactly the same with my DD. My periods can be between 21-28 days so thats why ive been told my dates are earlier.
As Poppytots said is all very normal to feel stretching/tightening sensations.

Ive got my "16" week appointment next tuesday when i will actually only be 15 weeks. My midwife only works 1 day every fortnight in my surgery. Glad she said to book it for when in 15 weeks and not 17 weeks as really want to hear my babys heart beat. (hope she will do it at 15 weeks) I want to see if i can guess girl/boy from it, I got it right with Belle (midwife got it wrong)

Poppytots im sure baby will be fine they are so well protected. Im the same everytime Bellle climbs on me, she has a habit of sitting or kneeing right on the small bump ive gt growing Very Happy . I tell her off all the time the poor thing.
I know what you mean about how comfy the maternity stuff is, ive been in mine since 10 weeks coz of the HUGE bloating i STILL have! Ive been looking on line at getting some nice tops this time around as with Belle i just got bigger tops. Ive seen some nice packs of vests on the new look website but they only start at size 14 so would be far to big for me Sad

Pumpkin80
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Emmie02 & poppytots Smile
Yep, I mentioned my nt results at 16 week check last week, but the midwife turned up 25 mins late so my appointment was 30 mins late & was only in the room 6 mins max! Sad She said I should have had the results but not to worry, to ring my doctors or antenatal clinic!
Thanks for your help & advice so far. Very Happy
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for asking about me ladies, scan went great baby was turning around and kicking away. The dows testing fluid on babies neck was 2mm and they look for anything under 3.5 I still have to wait for results from bloods but they said im low risk. My dates havnt changed from the last scan so im still due 22nd. I got about 6 or 7 pics and didn't have to pay I think the lady forgot. The sonographer was training so we were in there ages too it was lovely.
They tested my urine and I have a slight water infection which I new anyway and they normally clear up on there own but I might need antibiotics as ive had it about a week. I just dont feel like drinking which is obviously making it worse.

Kayne jumped on my lower belly yesterday too and it flipping hurt but I just have to be careful, he hasnt got any idea about the baby in my belly but I do keep explaining it to him.
I feel like im starting to get a belly now I cant do my jeans up anymore and im going to get one of those belly belt things. I didn't wear any maternity clothes last time as they just wernt comfy at all so I hope I find some this time. I did buy 2 pairs of jeans and leggings but they were awful.

Welcome to october mummies pumpkin, I wouldnt worry about the dows test but ring your local hospital to check on them.

April xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
April thats great news. Glad your scan went well.

I shall put a list up of due dates on the first page so we can all see.

Not too long to go now Poppytots until your 20 week scan, are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

Me and hubby have a busy few weeks ahead, we are hoping to move again. So have a few houses to visit at the weekend and nxt week. Still staying in Cornwall but just gonna leave the Village. Ive found it very hard to make friends here neven thought i go out every day and do 2 baby groups here. Its taken 7 months for people to talk to me Surprised ! I only really speak to one lady who takes her granddaughter and shes not from the village. People who my hubby works with says the village is very clicky and prob would NEVER make a friend here Crying or Very sad One lay even said she came to the baby group and her son went to the school, she was on the pta and her son never got invited to a single birthday party Crying or Very sad i dont want that for me and Belle just coz we are "outsiders"
I want to have some "friends" b4 baby comes or i can see myself getting really depressed.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

Ive put a list on first page of everyones due day/ est due day for those who havent had scans or confirmed dates yet.
Let me know if i have any wrong and i can change it.

We can add what sex we think we are having a soon as we get an idea. I thinking boy with this one although i keep changing my mind Laughing

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Emmie I have no idea what im having I didn't get a feeling with kayne either. It sounds like your better off moving, your neigbours dont seem friendly at all.

Well I took the plunge and bought 2 pairs of under bump maternity jeans from asda today, they are like a slice of heaven soooo comfy. And only £16 for one and £9.50 for the other. Bargain.

Xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular