October 2013 mummies.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Emmie, did you get to hear the heartbeat today? Was your next appointment today? Sorry, bit all over the place with dates, not been on for a while! Thanks for putting the dates up hun, will have a look shortly Very Happy

Sorry to hear you aren't getting on well in your village, its a shame when communities are like that... They are cutting their noses off to spite their faces as change is inevitable and they will be missing out, I hope you find somewhere and settle in soon xx

Hi April, glad to hear your scan went well Very Happy I cant believe you didnt wear maternity clothes, what on earth did you wear instead? I'm well into my maternity clothing now, my bum is huge and everyone keeps commenting on it Rolling Eyes saying I'm having twins etc, so I'm guessing it will be a big baby again, hey ho Shocked

I have my scan in 2 weeks and 2 days, I won't be finding out the sex though, I'm thinking boy, I had that feeling at the 12 week scan, but obviously have nothing to back this up Laughing

Went away this weekend with the in-laws, had a lovely time but exhausted now!!! Never mind!!! I don't work Wednesdays so I don't have to rush around too much xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am 
Post subject:
Yes Poppytots i had my appointment yesterday and YES got to hear babys heartbeat, i forgot how amazing it was. Midwife said it was a good strong one. Very Happy She didnt tell me how fast it was though, she didnt write it down either Sad . I was hoping to use it to guess what im having.
I think Boy. Im sure the heartbeat sounded different from Belles as she sounded like lots of running horses and this one sounded like a train chug chugging. Laughing

We have see 2 nice houses (both on the same rd) they had loads of family's around, they wee all really friendly and said hello to us. One has gone now but luckly not the one we preferred. We have 2 more viewings of flats today but we r hoping to go with the house. The flats r a bit cheaper so we said we would go have a look. Thankfully the house we like has no more viewings so we can let the know either way 2moro.

Poppytots, i wish my bump was a bit bigger, its not a proper bump yet, still mainly bloating so i just look fat! Midwife commented on how tiny my bump was and said i didnt look pg, so basically she ment i just look fat!!!

April what did you wear if you didnt buy maternity stuff? I didnt get tops last time just big vests, this time i plan to get some nice tops. I shall have to go have a look in Asda nxt time i go there. I was there the other day but t didnt occur to me to have a look.

Pumpkin have you got your results back yet?

Oh finally getting form 2day for my nhs card! I forgot to ask midwife while i was there so phoned her later and she said i should have been given it at my 9 week appointment! She had forgot to put it in! She said she would fill out her part and i can go pick it up. I can now finally book my dentist appointment that ive been putting off for the last 3 months Laughing

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Emmie, have you heard/decided on a house yet? Hope you get it sorted soon Smile

I'm trawling through Ebay's finest in search of maternity clothes but cant seem to find any nice tops for work Sad I dont want to look dowdy which is what most of the clothes look like, it either dark coloured clothing or casual wear... grrrr!!!!

Still only feeling the odd movement here and there which worries me, I' sure I was feeling more with DD but perhaps this one is quieter (it wouldnt be difficult Laughing ) I think its a boy and going to be like his Daddy xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I basically lived in leggings and stretchy tops but I did have 1 pair of jeans that fitted me nearly to the end. I did buy a few maternity bottoms but they were always huge and fell down.
I got my downs testing letter through yesterday and im 1in 16, 000 so thats good.

Poppytops have a look at newlooks maternity stuff you may find something on there.
I think I might have felt baby move a few times but im not sure, I didn't feel kayne untill 16weeks. And nothing regular untill past 20 weeks so I wouldn't worry hun.

Emmie any luck on a new house? Im sure you'll have a bump in no time I just look a bit fat too and cant wait for a proper bump.

Has anyone bought anything yet, ive not got anything. I need to decorate the spare room for kayne and get him in the built in bed in there as I cant fit a cot in there. Im a bit worried about moving him out of his cot into a whole new bedroom but at least ive got a few more months before I need to.
I didn't save anything from when kayne was a baby accept the moses basket and im still using the pram so I have the matching car seat still, and obviously baby can go into kaynes cot. So ive got the big stuff but no clothes or toys or anything.
But with baby due in october it will probably be getting a walker, bumbo and jumperoo for christmas for when its a bit older.

Xx

Pumpkin80
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Emmie02, yes I got the results thought the post about 4 weeks after the test. Thankfully they were 1:23000 so I'm really pleased.
Got round to telling work friends and tell less close friends as we see them. Feeling a bit like a fraud at the minute though, as I don't really feel pregnant! Does anyone else feel like this? The only things ive noticed is that my boobs are a little bigger, my jeans are a little tighter and if I do too much walking etc i get a pulling in my stomach. Is this normal?
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
As I was reading your post ladies baby gave me a few lovely kicks, I think I even felt one with my hand (cant be sure though as I obviously feel it from inside, got a bit emotional actually, felt like it was responding to my prods Laughing

Thanks April, I have looked at Newlook maternity wear but everything I like isn't in my size at the moment Sad I have got out my bag of maternity clothes (mostly mine and some of sis in law and sisters and salvaged a few bits for work which was my main worry Very Happy I lived in leggings (2 pairs) and a pair of jeans last time, I wasnt working then as I lost my job at 25 weeks pregnant so didnt have to panic about work wear.

I havent bought a thing yet April, I will use what I have from DD but my sister leant us a load of stuff which I gave back to her and she has a little one now so I will have to get things like stair gates, high chair, moses basket and pushchair as ours is falling apart!! With DD I had bought a few bits of clothes but I'm from a big family with 16 nieces and nephews so we tend to just pass our baby things around which is nice Very Happy

Mainly concerned with the pushchair as they are so expensive, I might wait to get one to see if anyone gives us money when the baby is born as we have a car seat from DD but not sure what to do... Good thinking about xmas present though Wink

Pumpkin, I felt like that, all of my symptoms disappeared and even after the 12 week scan I didnt feel pregnant, I do now though as I have a nice bump coming along Laughing

The pulling is completely normal and I have it too, its called round ligament pain and it basically caused by a hormone released in pregnancy which relaxes your ligaments to allow for your expanding uterus to take shape, I usually get mine if I stand up too quickly/from walking and turning over in bed xxx

mummy2010
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

I'm a bit late joining this thread...only just discovered it Rolling Eyes

I'm Lisa, I live near Newcastle and I'm due 12th October. Found out on Saturday i'm having a little boy this time Very Happy my daughter is DEVASTATED!! The sonographer told us it was a boy and my daughter burst into tears and announced she liked little sisters Sad shes starting to come around to the idea...not a lot of choice really!

So hi everyone! Hoping time flies between now and October can't wait to meet my little fella Smile x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Welcome Mummy2010, we r due on the same day! My d wants a baby brother so for her sake i hope it is a boy (we think it is- will find out on my nxt scan)_

I havent heard about the house yet. We decided to go for the house and pay a bit more money, the landlord has said yes so just waiting on credit/reference checks to come back. They should b ok as they were last time and we only moved 7 months ago and nothing about are circumstances has changed.

I havent brought baby anything yet either. With Belle i already had her Lamb teddy. This one is having the matching rabbit but as we dont have any jojo maman bebe shops in Conwall i have to wait until we go back to Salisbury as i want Belle to "buy" it for baby.

I still have EVERYTHING saved from when i had Belle. Its all stored a mother in laws so as long as its still in good condition we shall be using that. We were given a lot of stuff with Belle from my aunt like the cot and a bouncy/vibrating chair. I cant wait to get all the bits out again and look at the. I cant wait to wash all the clothes again and have them hanging on the line, i must have washed Belles stuff every week from 20 weeks wen i started buying it to when she was born at 39 weeks Laughing

I had to dig out my maternity swimming costume last week for Belles swimming class. I dont have much of a baby bump but am HUGE above the bump! It must be all my insides being shove back up (if that makes sense) I can suck it all in and when i lay down it goes away!

I felt Baby move last night (the other week must have been wind -as i havent felt it for a few weeks Laughing )I told Chris and he jumped straight up and came running over, lifted my top and put his hands there and said "hello baby" he couldnt feel anything as baby stopped but i dont think it was strong enough for him to feel yet.

While im thinking of it has everyone got the date for there 20 week scan yet? I was told that it would come in the post after id had my 12 week scan and i havent had anything yet. Shall i leave it till nxt tuesday when midwife will be at Drs and give her a ring if i havent heard anything? I need it for when im 20 weeks at end of May as my sister will be here to look after Belle as she cant come to 20 week scan Sad .

Sorry for the long one Laughing hope you are all well.

mummy2010
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi Emmie thanks for the welcome. I didn't realise we were due the same day, fingers crossed its a little boy to keep your daughter happy Smile mine has about adjusted now to the fact shes getting a brother. did your daughter arrive on time? Mine was 10 days late so I'm hoping this little fella doesn't make me wait that long haha.

I got my 20 week scan in the post about a fortnight after my 12week scan. Might be worth giving the hospital a call? My appointment is 30th May.

A lot of the things we got for my daughter were the fisher price rain forest...all bright colours so i plan on using them again for this one...keeps my OH twisting about how much "baby things" cost Smile planning on getting a new pram though because my old one is more than a little bit past its best now (and it gives me an excuse to buy something new!)

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to October Mummies Lisa Very Happy Congratulations on having a little boy! Cant believe one of us knows what we are having already, crazy how the time has flown since our first scans! I'm sure there are some who havent had the 12 week scan yet though...? My daughter wants a sister and we have been trying to sway her thinking into 'it could be a brother or sister, we cant tell' We wont find out though so she will have to wait and see Laughing

Emmie, any house news yet? Keeping my fingers crossed you get it Cool Have you called the midwife yet about your 20 week scan?

I'm huge today!!! eating everything in sight so I think I will be putting on more weight than last time with the one Rolling Eyes I have my scan a week today, looking forward to seeing baby again and hoping I dont see any 'gender' signs!!xxxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
We got the house! Yay! They want us to move in on the 1st June. The only annoying thing is we have to pay for the place we r living in until the 20th June. I guess it gives us LOADS of time to get the place looking good, shampoo carpets etc.

I got my scan date yesterday its for the 28th May so luckily my sister will be here to look after Belle.

Lisa Belle was a few days early. Id like this one to be as well especially if its hot again this yr like it was in 2010. You can never go by that though as every baby is different. I was 10 days early and my brother was on time. My friends 1st was 3 weeks early but her nxt 2 were on time as well. I just hope i dont go to much over with this one, Belle had a HUGE head so im worried that this one will too and the longer baby stays in the bigger it will get. Laughing

I feel baby move every now and then, i find it very reassuring. Cant wait for the "real" kicks to start. Very Happy

Hope you are all having the same lovely weather that i am.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Yay glad you got the house emmie, my partner wants us to move closer to family as were about a 50min drive but i really like where we live now. Plus we have the tennancy agreement till october and i definately dont want to move then with a new baby so it will probably have to wait untill after christmas.

aww bless your little ones poppytops and lisa, my son is still too young to understand but when i ask him if he wants a brother or sister he always says sister, im not sure he can even say brother though haha.

How much weight has everyone gained so far? ive only gained nearly 1 lb. With kayne i gained 2stone but lost half a stone in the first trimester, so only gained 1 1/2 stone really.

Kayne was 9 days late lisa so im hoping this one doesnt take as much cooking too.

Ive definately been feeling baby move everyday for a few days now and its sooo exciting and reasurring, especially as i had an awful dream i had another miscarriage, it shook me up a bit. I hate pregnancy dreams!

xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone just to update, ive just had my 16week check and babies hb was definately a galloping horse meaning a girl. Ive just posted in gp asking how true the old wives tale is. I hope everyone is well and good luck for your 20week scan poppytops xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Emmie, YAY on the house!!!!! at least you havent got to move all in one day, its a nightmare, trust me!!! Really pleased for you Very Happy

April, I have gained about 8/9 lbs so far Sad Shocked I found out my previous green notes and bump pics, my bump now looks more like my bump at 24 weeks with DD Shocked Holy cow, I'm going to be MASSIVE!!!!!!!

DD was 10 days late and I was induced, hoping for a VBAC this time but it depends on the estimated size of this one, which lets face it, its highly likely to be a whopper again!!!

April, glad your 16 weeks scan went well, DD sounded like galloping horses too, this one didnt sound as fast so I guess that means boy...?

Got my 20 week scan Thursday, looking forward to it and hoping everything is ok xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for your scan today poppytops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular